DigitalRev's PL25 Review

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Armanius, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Wait, I'm not the only one that watches the videos for Kai?

jkjkjk :)

Saw the video when it came out, good stuff.
  3. AdRath

AdRath New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2011
    Nice review of a nice lens.
  4. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

I still would like to know how the new lens compares in performance with the older PL 4/3rds lens. Yes, I do know the older lens is heavier, larger, more expensive and focuses slower. What I do not know is which lens is optically superior.

Thanks for sharing if you know which lens is optically superior, etc.

Best regards,
  5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Maybe David (soundimageplus) can chime on this one. I think he has the old PL25 as well. Or perhaps check out his blog. He may have entry about them.
  6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    I love his video's... but then again- I have a strange sense of humor!
  7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    they're not bad, though sometimes a bit long in the tooth for me.

I'm torn on this lens. I'd like to see more focusing tests/videos in comparison to the 20. That's about the only reason I want it.
  8. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Hello everyone. I can't figure out how to post a new thread on this site, so I figured I'd try this in the meantime. I got the 25mm 1.4 MFT lens for my GH2 and overall like it, but I am concerned about one potential problem. I haven't gotten much time to use it, but have noticed that while the lens focuses fine while in single AF mode, it slightly visibly hunts back and forth when in continuous AF mode while I continue to hold down the shutter button halfway. Has anyone else noticed this issue? I'd appreciate feedback, as I only have a few days left within my return window if folks feel it's a defect. Thanks.
  9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    All CDAF lenses hunt in C-AF in my experience. Do you have other lenses that don't?
  10. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

If it helps you, the old 4/3rds PL 25mm is sharper than the 20 mm f/1.7, but these are different lenses and the optical properties of both are quite different. The 25mm is probably a colder rendering optic than is the 20mm.

Best regards,

11. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks Armanius. I shall follow your suggestion and contact David.

Best regards,