DigitalRevCom video review of EPL2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jalex, Jan 22, 2011.

1. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLRUDJg0bx0&feature=uploademail]YouTube - Olympus PEN E-PL2 Hands-on Review[/ame]

• Like Like x 6
  2. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    I love Digital Rev's videos. I've watched every one of them, even the ones about equipment in which I am completely uninterested. Kai is pretty humorous ;-)

3. scantron

scantron Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2010
    I love this guy's reviews, he's hilarious!

4. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Should be digital irreverent reviews!

5. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    LOL I really like this guy that does the reviews. He'd be a blast to hang out with. It's unfortunate he seems to take the advancements of the PL2 rather in hand and doesn't give it as much credit as I think is due. It does give one pause however to ponder if Olympus comes out with a "Pro" model camera how it will differ and what advancements it will have. We can only wonder at this point....

6. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    He is pretty funny! I really appreciate his reviews too.

7. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Yes, I agree. Even though I have the EPL-1 I think some of the improvements are pretty important . . . for instance the 1/4000 shutter speed over the EPL-1s 1/2000 maximum. I've definitely run up on situations where this has been a factor and have bought an ND filter I probably wouldn't have needed with the EPL-2. Still, I probably won't upgrade to the EPL-2. I want to see what kind of "pro" micro four thirds body they come out with.

8. fotomatix

fotomatix Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Canada
    He offers a light-sided approach to 'reviewing' cameras. I would not say he offers the high level detailed specifics of some other reviewers, but DigRevCom reminds us that photography is 'fun'.

9. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    I think I prefer this to pixel peeping reviews. At least it's amusing.

10. ronbot

ronbot Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2010
    Not enough substance in the review if you ask me.

This one is not really a review, but goes into more detail (and was made by me, :redface:):
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o4nNk2hfzqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

11. soma

soma New to Mu-43

Mar 16, 2011
    Does anybody know if he's a native of Hong Kong? His English is very good.

12. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    He is very entertaining... Great review...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.