1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

DigitalRev and the E-PL3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Djarum, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
  2. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I like that guy a lot :)

3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    This followup version is way better than the "girly" vid. Kai has redeemed himself!

4. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    ROTFLOL

5. TeeHeeHaw

TeeHeeHaw Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 31, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Gotta love Kai. His "reviews" are a nice change of pace from a lot of the other reviews I've watched/read..

6. cmk325i

cmk325i Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2011
    Kai has some good honest reviews. Thumbs up

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah, I like him a lot. And this MANLY review is a lot better than the first GIRLY review. :cool:

But I'm still surprised he doesn't see ANY utility for shooting with the flip screen. He keeps acting like its only good for shooting from ground level or from up in the air, but I guess he never shot with a twin lens reflex in his youth (I guess he's still IN his youth) because it never seems to occur to him to shoot from his belly or waist area with the camera braced against his body. Which is how I shoot the vast majority of the time with this camera. And is the ONLY reason I chose it over the EP3.

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water....

-Ray

8. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    "The EP-fwee is my favourite m43's camera............... until they update it in a few months time." :rofl:

I do love his stuff though - he seems to exist in a bubble where he can't actually see anyone else around him......

9. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    LMAO!!!

I love his reviews. Over the top, but entertaining and blunt.

But don't forget the EP3 has a built in flash!

10. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Oddly, I'm more interested in the E-PL3 now than I was before. In a way he's doing us a favor by light-heartedly addressing the elephant in the room, making the stereotype just seem silly...like dudes in Miatas.

In a world where everyone is trying to sell you something, being openly biased and unapologetic is welcomed.

11. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Exactly
    I like reading responses to his videos by people that can't see they're supposed to be fun n light partly

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

12. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Are you trying to justify your recent miata purchase by chance...? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

13. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    No, but if I had a sticky mustache and tribal tattoo like Kai, I'd consider it. :smile:

14. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I like DigitalRev videos...I would never buy anything from Digital Rev though! :wink:

15. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Given how self-important so many camera reviews are, Kai is so refreshing. Oddly, despite the humor, I actually like many of his comments because he is more concerned with using the camera than just looking at tests.

16. Sorry Kai. This was the first video where I had to force myself to keep watching, and then stopped it before the end anyway.

17. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Ya.. I am 64 yrs young.. I like the flip screen because my Dad had a Rolleiflex camera back in like 1966 that he let me handle and shoot.. the flip screen takes me back to those days, not to mention it is a good lens for inconspicuous street shooting..

18. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    btw luv the streets of hongkong...

19. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    sorry .. good camera with flip screen instead of lens.. mistake..

20. ke7dbx

ke7dbx Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    Kai may not like it. I bet Lok does. He owns a E-P2 I believe.

My favorite review was were he was making fun of the Sony Next and treating it like a over paid celebrity.

Alambi is supper cute too.