1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Digitally Hand Painting Your B&W shots

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by StudioHeraBell, Aug 27, 2010.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Colours look nice - your blog does not give much detail - can you elaborate a bit on your technique?

2. Simple. Ichoose the color from color palette. Create another layer. Choose the color replacement mode in PS. Use a PS brush. Apply the color on where I want. Then play with the opacity of both layers. Voila.

3. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Sounds pretty complicated for a Newbie like me...

4. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Having nothing in mind with photography, my son Philipp does the coloring or even the full painting with a Wacom tablet. From his father (me..) he got a Cintiq screen which is like a sensitve monitor.

Some sketches or drawings he scans to the hd and adds color etc.. Then he can print it on Hahnemühle or other brands.

Here the linkg from a (proud:wink:9 )father:

Philipp Banken Illustration, Drawings

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    That is indeed slightly different from photography, but for sure something to be proud of.

6. Wonderful digital art...

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.