1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Digital Rev TV Lytro, with OM-D guest appearance

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by mister_roboto, May 14, 2012.

1. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Nice cameo by a OM-D user (and what he had to say) @ 7:22 ... apparently Kai DOES like the E-M5 :wink:

AND: NSFW language at the start (and well- throughout)

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ9W5TGbanI&feature=digest_sun]Lytro Light Field Camera Hands-on Review - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is he a forum member? :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I was wondering about that- hope so :thumbup: He'd just need to come forward.

"You don't like my camera" was classic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    NSFW for some at the beginning.

Summary: it shoots like a point and shoot (most everything in focus). Kai likes the form factor. To get deep DOF, you have to get really close. IMO, then, it's silly, because then you are putting the near object very much out of focus, for an in focus background, which is always an odd shot.

I'd say, either get the technology into a sensor with DOF control, OR ditch the lightfield stuff, and just do a pocket point-and-shoot in that form factor for stealth and fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    The review was unnecessarily long. The middle bit was mainly useless. I used to find his reviews entertaining but it's worn off for me. Watch the first 2 mins, watch the last 2 mins.