'Digital Photography School Reviews The E-PL5'

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RT_Panther, Jan 27, 2013.

1. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Haha maybe I'm in the minority, but Olympus's crazy menu structures have grown on me. They've always seemed intuitive to me.
    Otherwise another review praising the E-PL5 IQ.

"However it seems like decades have been spent as the company has fumbled around with its viewfinder menu layout … and the PL5 is no exception. It is absolutely ghastly, confused and tricky to follow."​
  2. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    It took me a few weeks, but the menu system actually makes sense to me. Now that I understand the logic behind it, I have no trouble finding exactly what I need pretty quickly.

I like the fact that the camera can be configured to meet my personal needs so perfectly. I'm no more than one button press away from any mode I regularly need. Back button focus? Exposure bracket? All right there.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    I love the Oly menu structure. It took about 4 months (maybe even 6) with my first EP1 in 2009, but once I learned the menus, I find it the most flexible camera around, and Oly has actually improved their menus since the EP1. Learning them takes effort, but the effort is rewarded.