DigiPower - Lithium-Ion Battery For Olympus Pen $3 At BestBuy B&M

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ReallyBadPictures, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
  2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    That price appears to be an open box item only available at that store. But they have them at most other stores - not open box - for $4.49 still a great deal. They will also offer free shipping for them at the $4.49 price.

3. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    This is not an open box (I think). At BB open box items state that in the title like here
    Sony - Soft Carrying Case - Black - LCSU10

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    When I check for the item at other stores, the price comes out to $4.49 but with free shipping offered.

It very well might be that the actual in-store prices have been dropped to $2.99 elsewhere - but not listed as such on the website - I ran across this phenomena with a Panasonic battery that was listed at a $9.99 clearance price (normal price was $49.99) with free shipping, and when I showed up to get one, the batteries were being sold in-store for just $4.99 and they had three left in stock. When I told the sales clerk that I was debating whether to take one or two at that price, he offered to sell me all 3 for the price of two of them. I took the deal, and re-sold two of the batteries for $15.99 each on ebay :biggrin:

5. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Not bad and the price of $3 is only $1.50 cheaper than the delivered price but I thought that others might look in their area for enough left over for 1/3 a cup of coffee at Starbucks...

6. thchen

thchen Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2012
    anything for the GX1?

7. iHadJelloToday

iHadJelloToday Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
  8. iHadJelloToday

Jul 24, 2013
  9. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Interestingly, this $2.99 price does not show up for my stores on the website, but that's the price they are selling at in the stores when and if they are in stock. I just picked up the last 2 of these that were in inventory from the Mira Mesa, San Diego store. I can also vouch for the fact that the Carmel Mountain Ranch San Diego store has none of these in stock.

10. iHadJelloToday

Jul 24, 2013
    I got mine from the Mission Viejo BB as the one in Irvine was OOS. Last 2 as well.

(also picked up a couple of Samsung batteries for 2 bucks each...on ebay now :biggrin:)

11. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I think it's because Olympus started using a different type of battery in its new cameras, and perhaps Digipower manufactured too many spare batteries for the older cameras.

I bought one of these batteries and it works fine.

12. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    The other thing is, Best Buy has pretty much stopped carrying most m4/3 cameras, and they have put all the m4/3 spare batteries, both for Olympus and Panasonic, that they had in stock at dirt cheap clearance prices. Olympus still uses this battery (actually, the slightly different BLS-5, but they are interchangeable with the BLS-1 and BLS-1 clone batteries) in the EPL-5 and the E-PM2. They only changed batteries for the high end OM-D and E-P5.

13. huveu

huveu New to Mu-43

Aug 10, 2013
    Stopped by my local Best Buy and grabbed 2 of these. Thanks for the heads up!