DigiPower - Lithium-Ion Battery For Olympus Pen $3 At BestBuy B&M

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ReallyBadPictures, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
  2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    That price appears to be an open box item only available at that store. But they have them at most other stores - not open box - for $4.49 still a great deal. They will also offer free shipping for them at the $4.49 price.

3. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    This is not an open box (I think). At BB open box items state that in the title like here
    Sony - Soft Carrying Case - Black - LCSU10

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    When I check for the item at other stores, the price comes out to $4.49 but with free shipping offered.

It very well might be that the actual in-store prices have been dropped to $2.99 elsewhere - but not listed as such on the website - I ran across this phenomena with a Panasonic battery that was listed at a $9.99 clearance price (normal price was $49.99) with free shipping, and when I showed up to get one, the batteries were being sold in-store for just $4.99 and they had three left in stock. When I told the sales clerk that I was debating whether to take one or two at that price, he offered to sell me all 3 for the price of two of them. I took the deal, and re-sold two of the batteries for $15.99 each on ebay :biggrin:

5. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Not bad and the price of $3 is only $1.50 cheaper than the delivered price but I thought that others might look in their area for enough left over for 1/3 a cup of coffee at Starbucks...

6. thchen

thchen Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2012
    anything for the GX1?

7. iHadJelloToday

iHadJelloToday Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
  8. iHadJelloToday

Jul 24, 2013
  9. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Interestingly, this $2.99 price does not show up for my stores on the website, but that's the price they are selling at in the stores when and if they are in stock. I just picked up the last 2 of these that were in inventory from the Mira Mesa, San Diego store. I can also vouch for the fact that the Carmel Mountain Ranch San Diego store has none of these in stock.

10. iHadJelloToday

Jul 24, 2013
    I got mine from the Mission Viejo BB as the one in Irvine was OOS. Last 2 as well.

(also picked up a couple of Samsung batteries for 2 bucks each...on ebay now :biggrin:)

11. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I think it's because Olympus started using a different type of battery in its new cameras, and perhaps Digipower manufactured too many spare batteries for the older cameras.

I bought one of these batteries and it works fine.

12. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    The other thing is, Best Buy has pretty much stopped carrying most m4/3 cameras, and they have put all the m4/3 spare batteries, both for Olympus and Panasonic, that they had in stock at dirt cheap clearance prices. Olympus still uses this battery (actually, the slightly different BLS-5, but they are interchangeable with the BLS-1 and BLS-1 clone batteries) in the EPL-5 and the E-PM2. They only changed batteries for the high end OM-D and E-P5.

13. huveu

huveu New to Mu-43

Aug 10, 2013
    Stopped by my local Best Buy and grabbed 2 of these. Thanks for the heads up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.