mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi, that doesn't seem to help on mine, on Win 8.1, for whatever reason.
Thanks though.
For what it's worth, I just did a test on the latest build for Manjaro/Linux (ver. 7.1.0), and even with all the bars hidden in full screen if I push the mouse to the top right corner of the screen a button pops under the cursor to go back to windowed mode. Can't test under windows or MacOS though.
M.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Thanks Barry, very interesting.
Can you tell me a bit more about the tagging features please? I'm still using Lightroom and am very happy with it except it's a bit slow and I find the tagging is a bit awkward as it seems to assume that you only have a dozen or so tags whereas I have thousands! Best if I have a go with it I know but if it's not that great it may not be worth setting dK up and doing a proper evaluation.
Hi,
There are a few ways to assign tags;
I'm having trouble making a screenshot of the right-click menu, but one way is to right-click on an image or multiple selected images, and choose 'Assign Tag'; it will list the last 10 tags used, or let you create a new one, or choose 'more tags' (which will open the side bar at right, if it's not already open).

On the right sidebar (pictured), you can manage your tags, as a list or a tree. Tags already assigned to the pictures selected will show a checkmark next to that tag (see 'Autos'); if a tag is only assigned to some of the images selected, the checkbox will be gray (see 'beetle', ...).
You can also assign a keyboard shortcut to an individual tag. And you can type the first letters of a tag when in the tags menu, to jump to the matching tag.
1614965276548.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If you want to browse by tags, you use the Tabs menu on the left:
1614965649424.png

You can also search on tags in the Advanced Search.
There are multiple options there; they work except searching a substring in the 'A tag of the item contains' does not seem to work; maybe that requires the MySQL DB instead of SQLite?
1614965726152.png

I haven't used Lightroom enough to compare it.

Last edited:

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
For what it's worth, I just did a test on the latest build for Manjaro/Linux (ver. 7.1.0), and even with all the bars hidden in full screen if I push the mouse to the top right corner of the screen a button pops under the cursor to go back to windowed mode. Can't test under windows or MacOS though.
M.
Sounds like a feature of your desktop window manager; doesn't work on Win 8.1.
Thanks

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sounds like a feature of your desktop window manager; doesn't work on Win 8.1.
Thanks
No, I don't think this is standard KDE behaviour. In fact I just checked with another DM (window maker), and it's exactly the same. So definitely a Qt library function, or maybe a KDE library function that should be installed on windows alongside DigiKam. But not a part of the Plasma DM itself.
M.

Last edited:
Real Name
Mike
Hi,
There are a few ways to assign tags;
I'm having trouble making a screenshot of the right-click menu, but one way is to right-click on an image or multiple selected images, and choose 'Assign Tag'; it will list the last 10 tags used, or let you create a new one, or choose 'more tags' (which will open the side bar at right, if it's not already open).
Thanks very much Barry. I may need a small further extension to our UK Lockdown so I can install and play with dK a bit.
I used to use some home-made software that among other things offered a MRU list of a few hundred keywords, scrollable of course. I gave up on that due to the complexities of storing / updating tags in image and xmp files and moved to Lightroom. These different tools and techniques all have their uses depending on the context, i.e. if you're just tagging a few odds or catching up on the last few months!
Thanks for your help,
Mike

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom