1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Diffuser

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Empireme, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Empireme

Empireme Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    LA, CA
    I recently purchased an Olympus 36. And I wanted to see what diffusers you guys recommend. I'm a complete and total noob when it comes to lighting so any hints on when/how to use them would also be welcomed!

2. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    A white gym sock works well... No kidding!

But, if you must spend some money,
    the Gary Fog (?) will work also, but is bulky

Also a frosted lighting panel cut to size will work also... with the star pattern in it... a couple bucks at a hardware store, and ask how to cut it...safely..
    and a rubber band to hold it on

You can buy small slip-on on ebay also for under $10.00.. make sure your flash is listed though, it slips over the outside of the flash.

3. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    Roll your own...

[​IMG]

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I've usedthe bottom of a bottle if rubbing alcohol before.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    I have been using the Demb product since 2008 and I am quite pleased with it.

6. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
  7. garfield_cz

garfield_cz Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Pavel
    I am using my DIY bounce diffuser inspired by Lumiquest UltraSoft together with FL-36r for macro photography. It is good for short distances and usable for portraits, but flash is loosing its power quickly with growing distance. I would recommend power full flash (~GN50) for long distances and big diffuser.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.