Different Colors in VEGAS Pro and Premiere Pro...

Kurasaka

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Andrew
Hello, amateur video editor here.

I'll keep this short — I shot some test footage on a Panasonic GH5 at 4K60 and only earlier noticed that both VEGAS Pro and (in particular) Premiere Pro alter the colors merely from importing the original video file. I've extracted the same frame via the GH5, VEGAS Pro, and Premiere Pro for comparison...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This doesn't seem to be limited to the preview windows either; rendering uncompressed shows the exact same color differences.

So... why is this, and what can I do about it?

Attachments

Stanga

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There are a couple of different colour output formats that are used on the GX8, G80, GH5, and also by Vegas Pro. You'll find them referred to as sRGB, AdobeRGB, etc. I haven't got a GH5 so I don't know what additional colour outputs it supports. Vegas Pro has something similar in its settings option. Don't ask me where, but I did run across it when I first got V14 and played about with it. You could try and make sure that the camera and the video editors are all using the same colour format setting.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom