Difference between G1 and Gf1 screens?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Fiddler, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

I recently bought a Gf1 to go with my G1 and e-p1, and am just started the process of getting to know it. I pretty much thought I was buying a G1 without a viewfinder, but I'm finding that they are more different than I thought.

The screens of the Gf1 and G1 look quite different to me, with the G1's screen
    looking better to my eye. Maybe it's just the settings I'm using...

Does anyone else have both these cameras, or know them well enough to give an opinion?

Any other differences in performance you've noticed?

Thanks for any comments.

All the best,

2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I have a GF1 and a G1 and have not noticed.

OOC do they both have screen protectors, or not?

Are the in-camera settings identical?

Of course to really test them side-by-side you need the same lens on both. :tongue:
  3. Diane B

Diane B Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2010
    I have both also but haven't noticed a difference either. I set both of mine as neutral as possible since I don't shoot jpegs. I also don't use the LCD too often with the G1, usually only on tripod or odd angles. To be truthful, I don't use the LCD too often with the GF1 either, often preferring the accessory EVF. The resulting RAWs are the same so I've never paid much attention to the comparison of the LCDs.

Another thought. If you are looking at the GF1's LCD as opposed to the perhaps slightly tilted LCD or even just flipped out, the light could make a lot of difference as it hits the screen, greying it out somewhat on the GF1--possibly.
    • Like Like x 1