did some kids portraits

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by fransglans, Mar 1, 2016.

1. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Hi, I´ve been working (STRUGGLING) with some portraits of my kids, and man, what I think its difficult to find the right edit with lightroom, I want some white and some black in there without blowing out the highlights or get the muddy feeling. I realise that lightning is the key factor, and next time I will pay more attention to how they sit next to the window, maybe I could hang some textiles in front of window to make the light softer. here Im using a 5600K light on top of their head.

But share your processing way if you want to, There are some ways to make b&w in lightroom, I choosed to keep it in colormode here and just set all the saturation bars to 0%, and then I played with light and shadow, I thougt that it saved me more tones in the skin.

but still Im not satiesfied, I have send these to the lab and will get my hands on them soon, Im afraid that they are gonna be too dark for my taste, we´ll see...

to.mu-43.

to.mu-43-3.
    to.mu-43-4.

• Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.