1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Did it today!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by fsuscotphoto, Mar 2, 2013.

1. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I ordered an OMD from Best Buy today!!! They did a really good price match with the 12-50 lens. They even paid for the two day shipping. I'm very much looking forward to trying out an MFT that should rival my 7D. I'll not get rid of the Canon because I take pics of birds in flight and air shows, but for lots of other things I'm looking forward to giving it a go. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
  2. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Congrats I think you will enjoy the decrease in size and weight a lot over the good old 7d.

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Congrats on the new acquisition! :smile:
    And that OM-D just might surprise you with airshow performance :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
    If you feel like ordering 2 and sending 1 to me just let me know!:smile:

Enjoy!

5. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Thanks, but if my wife figures this out I may have to come live with you!

6. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    I went from a 7D to an EM-5. I'm VERY happy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris

LOL, I told my wife small=cheaper when I got my omd and she asked me stop looking those review sites...

8. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    My wife knows better. Every time I go smaller with something she says I wind up wanting to spend more money....like my surround speakers that went from very big to very small. I thought I would NEVER hear the end of that one!:eek:

I'm still gonna keep it!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. tbr48

tbr48 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 1, 2013
    I too just ordered an E-M5 yesterday from Best Buy. Also with the 12-50mm. Same deal, free 2 day shipping. Should arrive early next week. I'm coming from a Nikon D7000.

10. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I got mine from an Adorama price match of $1149. If you have anything better I would appreciate knowing as we have 30 days for someone else to lower the price so we can price match again.

11. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Congratulations! Enjoy your new kit. :thumbup:

12. fstop

fstop New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2013
    Should be receiving my E-M5 tomorrow.. coming from an X100 which I had a love/hate relationship with. If the E-M5 doesn't work out I'm going back to film.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    The new X100S looks great! most of the reviews show fuji have fixed all the problems in X100, it's worth to take a look.:rolleyes:

14. iGonzoid

iGonzoid Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 6, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    My OM-D is my third m43 body, and thus far my favourite — the feel, the look, fast AF and great IBIS. Enjoy.

15. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Yea - aircraft may move fast, but not generally towards/away from the spectators (or if so at a distance). I'd be surprised if it taxes the AF beyond its limits. Sports would be a totally different issue...

16. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    How about panning right on the runway?

17. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    CRAP!!! I missed the UPS guy today and won't be home again tomorrow. They now have instructions to leave it at the UPS store half a mile away so I can get it, no matter what.

18. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I got my camera today. Tomorrow I will spend the day learning. My only problem is they sent the silver and I thought I ordered black. It looks great, but I'm not so sure that the grip will look so good on the silver body.

19. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    If you aren't going to be happy with the silver, send it back. I know that would be tough to do since you finally got it but remember you're going to have it for a few years (most likely,) so a few more days wait for what you really want isn't much in the overall scheme of things. I think they look great in either color and when I ordered mine black is all that was available so I went with it.

I sold off my Canon 40D kit a few months ago and went with the EM5 and I've never looked back. Best decision I've made since I bought my 10D over 9 years ago.

20. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
    Congrats on your new gear - you're gonna love it