Did I get a good deal?!? (EP3)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Mapleleaf14, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Mapleleaf14

Mapleleaf14 New to Mu-43

Apr 10, 2010
    I just picked up a "package deal" from a fellow photographer that included:

- Olympus E-P3 body
    - Olympus MSC 14-42 lens
    - Olympus VF-2 Viewfinder
    - Olympus FCON-P01 Fisheye Converter
    - extra Olympus battery
    - two Kingston 16gb Class 10 SD cards
    - LowePro Photo Runner hip bag
    EDIT: just realized the VF-2 has an Olympus EP9 eyecup attached to it also.

All the original boxes and paperwork also. All pieces look MINT and clean.

I paid $575 for the whole package. I think that was a pretty nice deal, guess I'm looking for some confirmation that I did well.

I'd love to add another lens (or 2 ) when money permits...might be a little while now! I think I'd like to have a "pancake" lens eventually, and I'm sure the limited length of the 14-42 will get on my nerves sooner rather than later!

I used to have an EPL-1 awhile back and recently got rid of a Canon G12 and wanted something to be an "everyday camera" when not wanting to lug around my Nikon system.
  2. kuo34

kuo34 New to Mu-43

Jun 9, 2012
    Valdosta, GA
    Looks like a blistering deal to me. I've hopped on a similar deal for an E-P3 from an E-PL1 at a similar price, so either we've both done well (or are equally in the hole).
  3. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    I would say, yes, you did get a good deal. Such a good deal, you may have money left over for a telephoto zoom. There are a couple in the for sale forum. (wink, wink)
  4. Mapleleaf14

Mapleleaf14 New to Mu-43

Apr 10, 2010
    Just realized there is an Olympus EP9 eyecup on the viewfinder as well...thought that was normal, but looking at them online it seems that's nt normally included with the VF-2.

BSH - as far as having money left over for lenses...I WISH! I wasn't planning on making this purchase so unfortunately there is no left over $$ right now! Now if somebody wanted to swap for some golf gear, then we'd be rolling! Haha
  5. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Excellent deal indeed, a lot of very useful stuff for just over half the price of an OM-D body, with the E-P3 still being an excellent camera as well...
  6. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    is such an awesome deal that i might think there's a catch somewhere!
  7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    You paid like $250 for an EP3. Sweet.
  8. Mapleleaf14

Mapleleaf14 New to Mu-43

Apr 10, 2010
    I don't think there's a catch - the seller and I know each other a bit from some photo walks and he's a (self admitted) "gear whore" who is always buying & selling stuff - he's retired from Duke Energy and $ for him is not a problem (must be nice!!)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mikepadua

mikepadua New to Mu-43

Aug 2, 2012
    Mike Padua
    Great deal. Now go shoot!!!!!!
  10. Mapleleaf14

Mapleleaf14 New to Mu-43

Apr 10, 2010
    Wanna shoot...too busy working!!

Currently on the hunt for a nice wrist strap...thinking about a Gordy but I'd like to find something local so I can check it out good before buying it.

Also, I wasn't kidding about the golf equipment! If anybody has ANYTHING that will connect to my new Pen in anyway, I have some golf equipment to trade if there are any golfers out there!! Haha :). PM me
  11. kuo34

kuo34 New to Mu-43

Jun 9, 2012
    Valdosta, GA
    Mine came in today. Popped the 20mm panny on. A bit of a learning curve but I figured it out. The touchscreen focus is nice, and the autofocus is soooooo fast compared to the E-PL1.
  12. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012

but really great deal!!:thumbup:
  13. leitztozeiss

leitztozeiss New to Mu-43

Sep 11, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Yeah, very good deal on that package.