Di Says Hi from Montana

diminutivedi

New to Mu-43
I'm amazed at the global nature of this site so I will explain where I live. Montana is in the northwestern USA and touches the border of Canada. Here we have rugged mountains, expansive prairies and many magnificent rivers - much beautiful country. We have an amazing array of wildlife ranging from huge moose and grizzly bears to the tiny pica that live high in the mountains and look like a hamster. We have wonderful opportunities for hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, skiing, river floating and other outdoor activities including photography. Unfortunately, the down side of this area is long winters that can get quite cold. It is what saves us from being overpopulated.

I have had two high zoom P & S cameras and now have moved to my first interchangeable lens camera with the purchase of the Panasonic G2. I am committed to learning this camera as thoroughly as possible and becoming a better photographer.

Wishing all of you many great photo ops and many years to enjoy this wonderful activity of photography.

Dianne

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Dianne - great introduction and a very thoughtful one. You are so right about the global nature of this community. I think your description of Montana is a great help. I live in New York state, though just outside of the city...and can only imagine what some people might envision, if they're not familiar with my area.:eek::wink:

Congratulations on the G2. As soon as it came out, I thought it sounded like a great camera. I'll be looking forward to your Montana photos and your involvement across the board.:2thumbs:

chuckgoolsbee

Mu-43 Regular
I love Montana, spent part of my youth in Gallatin County, and return as often as I can. (And I'm amazed how much it has changed since the 70s!)

Welcome to the group Dianne!

diminutivedi

New to Mu-43
Thanks to all for the kind welcome. BBW, I lived for one and a half years in NYC. Wow, what a strange world for a native Montanan. Chuck, my grandparents lived most of their lives in Gallatin County and, as a youth visiting them, decided I wanted to go to college in Bozeman, which I did. You're right, the beauty of the valley was discovered and it has changed a great deal since the 70s but we still enjoy more elbowroom in the great outdoors than most.

Dianne

Latest threads

Top Bottom