Detacheable camera strap for GH2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by addieleman, Dec 3, 2011.

1. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    At present I use an wide Nikon strap (AN-6W, see here) on my GH2 which suits me fine.

However, I'm working a lot with a tripod lately and the strap gets in the way of the remote control's wire and the flipped-out LCD. So I'd like to have a wide strap similar to the one mentioned above, that can be detached from the camera without anything left dangling in the camera's eyelets. I don't like tripod-mounted straps and the GH2's tripod mount is occupied permanently by the tripod's quick-release mount anyway.

Any suggestions anyone?

2. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    I like you was looking for a detachable strap for my G3, this was the nearest I could find.

OP/TECH USA Bin Op Strap QD

It leaves two short loops on the camera after detaching the strap, it should suit my requirements, I ordered one this morning.

D in W

• Like Like x 1
  3. CPWarner

CPWarner Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Cliff
    I use one similar to that OP/Tech by promaster:

Welcome to ProMaster

Very similar in function to the OP/Tech strap. I have not found anything that leaves nothing attached except using a wrist strap or grip rather than a neck strap. The wrist strap or grip would not interfere with the LCD screen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    I've got one. Leaves a short length on either side. I often have the LCD flipped out and an audio plug and an HDMI cable. While it does get in the way a little, it's better than a full strap.

One side effect is that the two short lengths can be clipped together to create the world's shortest neck strap. Thus configured, the camera rest on my sternum, and I can have two cameras hanging from my neck without them banging against each other.

Op-Tech has straps that can attach to just one mounting point via a small loop. I've got a wrist strap for the GF2 that works that way. It also has a quick disconnect and the wrist strap can be replaced with a neck strap. It will probably hold the GH2 as well, but I'd be a little worried that it would snap if the camera was dropped from a certain height.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    I have the Optech Super Pro/A strap Black which I used to carry an E-3 with ZD 50-200 mounted very comfortably. Now it is attached to the GH2.

And when I'm backpacking I attach it through loops on the shoulder straps of my backpack.

• Like Like x 1
  6. +1. The mini qr allows for quick change to no strap or another type of strap. Normally only use the OP/Tech wrist strap attached to the right lug. The string loop with mini qr dangling from the left lug is small & light enough not to cause any problems. The neck strap pictured is light and a nice match for the mu43 bodies. Find it comfortable enough even with the 75-200mm mounted for short periods of time. Cost is reasonable. Readily available from many on-line retailers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Thanks for all the replies. So it seems I can't have exactly what I want, so I just might settle for one of those OpTech straps.

8. pcnyc

pcnyc Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2010
    • Like Like x 1