Design changes/upgrades on the PL 50-200?

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
I have on several occasions over the last weeks, stumbled over mentions about a "new" model of the PL50-200 from sometimes last fall. No one has mentioned anything about what these changes may consist of, other than one wordings of the "changed", "upgraded" "new" kind.

Does anyone have any notion as to what this change may consist of? Sources vary from a rather large national shop over here in Norway, some brief mentions on a couple of sites, to a fellow doing a youtube review here. On a side note, I do hope that fellow gets his own exemplar fixed, because if it produces imagery like shown, there surely must be something wrong with it.

Am probably going to pick one up in the near future and if there is possible to confirm this "update", I would appreciate it.

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
I doubt there is a new model coming, the lens isn't even 2 years old since its release. And the things Panasonic has done to 2nd version of other lenses that were much older, the 50-200mm already has. BTW- Dan Cox stated he had probably damaged his 50-200mm lens sometime in the past two years and he got a brand new one for testing (NOT a new version) from his favorite camera store.

It's an outstanding lens!

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
I can't imagine what they could do to improve this magnificent lens. I also can't image what kind of improvement it'd take to get me to sell my copy to buy an upgraded version. It's my favorite and probably got more use last year than any other lens, with the (slight) possible exception of the 12-60.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom