Denmark is here

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mikmos, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Mikmos

Mikmos New to Mu-43

Dec 8, 2010
    Hi everyone.

I just got my Panasonic GF1 20mm today. And i love it :2thumbs:

I have never had a DSLR, only the classic pocket camera, and the Iphone:)

I'm gonna be a dad this summer and we agreed on a we should give ourself a good camera.

After reading some here and elsewhere, we decided on the Panasonic.

Looking forward to sharing some pictures here, and asking noob questions :smile:

Shot my first picture just moment ago. It's cold in Denmark.

Im out. Cya..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Hi and welcome, another GF1 fan here. Congratulations on your good news about becoming a dad, plenty of time to learn your new camera before the arrival so that you can record those important early years.
    You'll get a good response to your questions on this friendly site, look and learn.

• Like Like x 3
  3. chris.j.sorensen

chris.j.sorensen Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2010
    Freehold, NJ

All the best to you and your wife. I bought an Olympus for the birth of my daughter November of last year.

I spent a considerable amount of time taking pictures in lighting and space as close to the hospital setting as possible to get comfortable with the camera. Experiment with lenses. The 20mm is a great lens. I used some old Minolta glass from my father (the same lenses he took pictures of me with). Remember mama and baby come first! Pick up a GOOD memory card. Take pictures of the missus now- There's nothing more beautiful than the woman that gives you the most precious gift in the world.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome, congratulations, and hello from Scotland! Nice camera you've chosen.

All the best,

5. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    A warm welcome to you in the cool north!
    You will enjoy your GF1...

(... in this forum we all have a GF1, really)
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome Mikmos. The GF1 and 20/1.7 are perfect for a new baby. Well suited to the task and easy to bring along.
  7. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Mikmos, congratulations on your new camera and lens - and soon your new baby!:bravo-009:

Your picture conveys the cold very well both with the light and that cool blueish tone. Well done! Be sure to check out this part of the forum which explains about how to post photos and use the gallery, too: FAQ. I'll be looking forward to more photos from you.:smile:
  9. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome from Holland !