1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Dell U2415H vs ASUS PA248Q 24. ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PantelisMor, Jan 27, 2015.

1. PantelisMor

PantelisMor Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    Hello.

I try to fine a monitor for photo edit. I am between of these 2 models.

Which of 2 you believe is a better choice ?
    Are they calibrated ?

thx alot...

2. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    I got the Asus and love it. factory calibration is pretty good. prints come out looking really accurate.

Although I'm envious of the higher resolution displays coming out now... the 4K or close ones. Though I don't know if any come precalibrated or how accurate they are.

3. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    I would not go less than 1920x1200. Anything less than 1200 vertical is too short and squatty for me. A f4:3 image displays @ 1600x1200 and fits nicely. FWIW I have an HP ZR2440w and like it fine. I think is the same panel as the Dell.

4. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    These two seem to be about 300 €£$. I bought a Crossover 27" 2560x1440 from Korea on Ebay for a little less (it's a year ago, so I can't be exact). After 6% import duty and 19% value added tax here in Germany, total cost was about 300. I believe Crossover use the same panels as Apple and others. Definitely worth it, in my opinion.

5. PantelisMor

Jan 14, 2013
    Do you have a link to see this panel. ; is ir good a 27 panel for edit photos or will have problems with pixels.. ;; also will i need to buy a calibrator ;;

6. EMC

EMC Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2013
    Garden Grove, Calif.
    Eddie
    NEC with Calibration......works well!:biggrin:

7. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    No matter what monitor you buy, you will want/need a calibration tool/puck of some sort if you want to control your prints.

8. PantelisMor

Jan 14, 2013
    I think Dell is factory calibrated. Am i wrong ;

9. baz

baz Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2013
    Hi

I have just bought a Dell S2715H from amazon uk. Originally ordered the smaller 24" version but sent it back for it's bigger brother. All I can say is WOW very impressed indeed. This model has a glossy screen (not too reflective though) where as the 'U' models have a matt screen, depends on your'e preference I personally do not like matt screens. As another poster commented it is advisable to use a calibrator for set up but once done you are good to go. For editing the extra 3" makes all the difference, I can now get a full size file to display at 100% easily with room to the side for pallets; perfect. :biggrin:

Hope this was helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    My experience is that they are all cranked up very very bright out of the box. I turned the brightness down to 30% before calibrating mine. Actually it hardly needed to be calibrated after reducing the brightness.