1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Dell U2410f Monitor on Ultraflex Desk Mount $199 FS+tax MSFT Ebay Store

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by wilson, Jun 18, 2014.

1. wilson

wilson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2014
    Dell Digital Tigers Ultraflex Solo Elite 24-inch Monitor

$199 with free shipping in the US plus tax.

It's a Dell U2410f monitor that's on an Ultraflex desk clamp/grommet mount arm (Ergotron LX). (No stand-alone stand included)
    The Dell U2410f is a wide gamut (96% Adobe RGB) monitor with a resolution of 1920x1200 and was Dell's top-end 24" monitor till late last year when it was replaced by the U2413.

For $200, this monitor is great deal, especially for Photo and Video enthusiasts. It has almost every type of video input: composite video, component video, VGA, twin DVIs, HDMI, and DisplayPort. But since it's relatively old, the DisplayPorts are not the newest 1.2 ones, and only has USB 2.0. Also since it's older, it uses a CCFL backlight, so will suck up more power than newer monitors that use LED backlights.

It's sold through Microsoft's Ebay store.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Digital-Tigers-Ultraflex-Solo-Elite-24-inch-Monitor-/281312736847

Reviews of the Dell U2410:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/dell-ultrasharp-u2410-24in-monitor_Monitor_review
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2410.htm

Edit 1: The desk clamp/grommet mount arm is the Ergotron LX. The arm by itself is $110 from newegg.com... this makes it an even better deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994063

Edit 2: From a slickdeals post: Apparently the monitors are from a liquidation company contracted by Microsoft, so Digital Tigers will not honor the warranty. Also the person claimed he got a used monitor.
    So beware, the monitor may not have a warranty. But the ebay posting states that returns are free, so if it's Dead on Arrival, I guess the Microsoft eBay Store should take it back since they have a 30 day return guarantee.

2. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    Thanks, I actually ordered one. Let's see how it turns out. The tests say that it comes even well enough calibrated, so I hope I can save myself some extra bucks by not buying a colorimeter.

3. wilson

wilson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2014
    No problem. I ordered one late last night / early this morning as well.
    So we're both in the same boat. We'll just have to wait and see, and hopefully get a "new" unit with no factory defects.

I guess we can use the factory menu to see how long the back light has been on, so can then get an idea if the monitor is "new" or a customer return.

I searched to see how to display the factory menu on the Dell U2410 Monitor and found this video on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQGVTYyzL5w

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. physicsdude

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    Did you receive yours already? Mine should be here by tomorrow/day after!

Edit: It also said on slickdeals that it might not contain all arms of a standard ergotron lx, let's see what's in there!

6. wilson

wilson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2014
    I just received mine and set it up. It was new (checked the backlight on-time with the special factory menu,) and included all the bits that an Ergotron LX arm should include that's the clamp-to-desk version. The posting on ebay sort of implied that it had the stand alone desk stand as well.

My monitor was manufactured Feb 2011 like the one mentioned in the slickdeals thread and it was a rev A04 device, so it wasn't one of the newer manufactured in 2013 A07 ones which would still be under warranty. However, there are two flaws on the panel. It looks like some dust got in between the backlight and the LCD panel. So they're not dead pixels, but are dark spots about a pixel large that are about 1/4 inch behind the surface of the screen. They're on the outer 1/6th edge of the screen... so I'll probably just live with them, rather than go through the hassle of returning it, and maybe not getting a better version. The whole shebang was only $200 + tax.

Unfortunately there was no calibration record included in the package like displayed in the U2410 reviews. So I don't know if it's factory calibrated or not. Certainly the green looks a bit different than the monitors I have calibrated using a Spyder 3.

All-in-all, I'm impressed by the flexibility of the arms... but I destroyed an HDMI cable since I had placed it into the cable organization slot and didn't take into account that when the arm was extended that the cables are the most extended at that point, and pulled apart the connector. Luckily, the monitor socket was unharmed.

The monitor runs HOT though. But that's to be expected with an old CFL backlight.
    I haven't tried out the analog inputs and PIP though. I also didn't try out the DisplayPort.

Knock on wood and hope that the monitor survives way beyond the 30 day return period that we can return them to the Microsoft Ebay store.

Overall, if the monitor lasts for as long as my other dell monitors, then it's a bonafide bargain.

7. Capture01

Capture01 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 24, 2013
  8. physicsdude

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    I got mine too! And I believe it's almost a perfect copy of yours. New panel with just 4 hours (I had it on for a couple minutes) and also that freaking piece of dust (or maybe one single dead pixel). Mine is in the center top.. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It is a nice panel!