1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Dell Refurbished UltraSharp U2412M 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor $195

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by HaViet, Apr 15, 2014.

1. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    • Like Like x 4
  2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    - Holms, what can be better than 24" monitor for $195?
    - Two 24" monitors, Watson!

3. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Lol. if only the wife allows.

4. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I sent this to our IT guy...hoping I get a new monitor soon for my work station...I currently have one of the OLD 24" dell about 7+ years old.

5. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2013
    Dublin, Ireland
    while this is a great price for a good monitor, bear in mind that the U2412m is a little bit the "odd one out" between the previous U2410m and the newer U2413m (which are both wide gamut). The U2412m isn't wide gamut and is using a 6-bit e-IPS panel.

This doesn't mean it's a bad monitor by any means. Not everyone needs or wants a wide-gamut monitor anyway.
    Just thought I'd mention it since Dell's model progression is a bit confusing in this lineup... (at least it was to me :) )

from
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

".... The U2412M goes the other way, instead reverting to a 6-bit + A-FRC e-IPS panel. This can support up to 16.7 million colours through the use of Frame Rate Control. On paper this sounds vastly inferior, but to be honest most normal users would never notice any difference in practice between the two. The 6-bit + A-FRC of the U2412M is well implemented and gradients are actually very good with no visible banding. There is no obvious evidence of the FRC algorithm unless you look very closely for it. This cost cutting exercise is not a big issue and although some people may disregard the screen based on the spec, the mass market need not worry about it. Again for a more high end use the panel and internal processing of the U2410 would be more desirable. ..."

• Like Like x 2
  6. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Thanks Tilman, that's good info to know.

I think this U2412M is probably geared toward the more budget concious buyers, like myself :)

I won't expect the highest performance for what I paid, but I do believe it will be signficantly better than my current Acer 21" typical LED unit.

7. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2013
    Dublin, Ireland
    absolutely! I didn't want to discourage anyone from buying the 2412... price/performance-wise this looks like a great option.

I only mentioned it because I was searching for an affordable wide-gamut monitor a few weeks ago. When looking at the price of Dell's 2413, I considered going for an "older" version, until I realized that the 2412 is a completely different monitor (even though the names suggest that they're related).

8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I am too late again ...

Your coupon is no longer available

We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered has already expired or has reached the maximum redemption limit.

I need to check this forum more often...lol

9. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Sorry, the coupon was for only 1 day. I guess I should have clarify.

My monitor is scheduled for delivery today. That was pretty quick shipping.

10. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Got my monitor yesterday, and just set it up today.

I really like this monitor. It's very bright and sharp. The matte finish is also great, less glare.

Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

11. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    did anyone else jumped on this deal?