Dell Desktop 4th Gen Intel® i7-4770 3.4GHz

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ivoire, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    Costco has this for $699. Yesterday I had to resuscitate my 3yr old system for the third time in 8 months. I just found and ordered one of these and thought I'd share it with all. Looks like a decent photoshop system for the price.

Processor & Memory:
    4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor 3.4GHz (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
    12GB RAM Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 4 DIMMs

1TB (7200 RPM) SATA Hard Drive
    16X DVD+/-RW Drive (Writes to CD/DVD)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 8 (64-bit)

Graphics & Video:
    1GB AMD RadeonHD 7570 GDDR5 Graphics

Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth v4.0
    10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

Integrated 7.1 with Waves MaxxAudio®

Keyboard & Mouse:
    Dell™ Multimedia Keyboard and USB 6-Button Laser Mouse

Rear Ports USB:
    2x USB 3.0
    4x USB 2.0

Front Ports USB:
    2x USB 3.0

Top Ports USB:
    2x USB 2.0

AVI Ports
    Audio Jacks
    Combination headphone / microphone jack

Additional Information:
    Color: Black
    Power Supply: 460 W
    Dimensions: 7.30" W x 15.99" D x 17.49" H
    Approximate Weight: 30.42lbs
  2. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Dell has it for the same price.
  3. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    the dell site has the same system for $699 with 8 gb ram otherwise same specs
  4. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Costco also gives you another year of warranty i believe. Plus, no restocking fee and no hassle 60 day return. Im a costco whore btw

Still, I recommend checking Dells refurb stock before buying anything new. Much better prices and same warranty. Before I started building my own PCs, thats all I bought. I remember seeing some Alienware systems earlier this year on their refurb site outfitted with SSDs and the GTX 690 for less than $1500 after coupon.The 690 card itself was a $1000 back then! Just keep checking the refurb stock daily and some very good deals are bound to come by.
  5. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    They add a year extra to the warranty, but it is the standard 1yr "prove it's defective parts" warranty that is doubled, so ...

Sent from my LG-P769 using Mu-43 mobile app
  6. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    I bought one of these from Dell a bit over a month ago, very shortly after the processor rev. I ended up with the same box as the OP's except only 8gb RAM. It was bundled with a 23" monitor and the deal at the time was $850.

BTW, not listed on the OP's specs is the fact that the HDMI on the motherboard is disabled when the expansion video card is installed. That card has both DVI-D and an HDMI so there's no real loss.

The 12gb machine is full, four stick total. The 8gb versions, like mine, have 2 open slots. I'll boost the RAM, probably to 16gb, sometime in the not too distant future. Right now, the machine seems fast enough, even for the moderately sized PSD files (150-300meg) I work with at home.

I did a casual benchmark using one of the 1.5gb PSD files I deal with at work. My Dell opened the file in less than 1/2 the time as the MacPro (c.2009) 8-core 16gb RAM machine I use at work. Most editing was smooth with no lag on both machines. Some intense processing (e.g. Smart Filters, ...) chores were a good be faster on the MacPro, but it had over twice the RAM to work with. LR seems equally brisk on both my Dell and the office MacPro.