Deleting Raw Files

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Pecos, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Is there a simple way to delete the RAW file from Lightroom and disk while retaining the JPG image?
    Two reasons for wanting to do this:
    1. Sometimes I have shot a whole bunch of files RAW + JPG without realizing it; the RAW files are about 14 MB and the JPG (on disk) is about 7MB. This takes up too much space on my solid state drive. I know hard disk space is cheap now, but I simply don't want to bother with all those RAW files cluttering up my storage.
    2. When I shoot an Art Filter with the camera inadvertently set to RAW + JPG, Lightroom does not show the Art Filter shot (actually it does - briefly - before "switching" to the straight (non Art Filter) version; happens both in Library and Develop modules.

2. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    If you Export all your raw files to jpg and put them into a separate folder, you can go back to the top level folder and select all raw files. A box will pop up ask if you want to remove from library or delete from disk.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.