Deleting multiple images?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Pecos, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    This issue has puzzled me; I could not find the answer in the forum or in the manual (which mentions it but doesn't explain it).
    Does anyone know how to erase multiple images - at once - when thumbnails are being viewed on the monitor?

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    What camera?

3. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Camera?

The OM-D.
    Can't believe I left that out.

4. SnapDuck

SnapDuck Mu-43 Rookie

May 13, 2012
    N. California
    Tap the red button on the top of the camera to make files for deleting. Then hit the delete button to delete all of the file you previously marked for deletion.

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The red (video record) button will give you a red tick in the top right hand corner & that can be for marking the appropriate thumbnails for a number of functions & is what you use for multiple erasures by pressing the delete button after marking all the intended frames or if followed by a press of the F2 button, will lock (protect) them all instead.

In the manual on page 69, the marking is mentioned, but it is very vague in what it does or why it is needed. I've been trying to find more info from the manual & I can't find it. :confused: I can't remember how I found out now, it might have been from one of the initial guides or I just discovered it myself. :rolleyes:

Check these if you haven't seen them before.
    http://www.ayton.id.au/wiki/doku.php?id=photo:olympusem5_settings
    http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9115179666/user-guide-getting-the-most-out-of-the-olympus-e-m5

6. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Ross and SnapDuck -
    Thanks; I'm not sure I'd have ever figured that out.