1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Deleting Images

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Reactivestills, May 11, 2014.

1. Reactivestills

Reactivestills Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland
    Gary Martin
    I seem to be overlooking something but its driving me mad..

On my previous Canon 5D you could lock whatever images you didn't want to erase when erasing a card in camera. On the E-M1 it has the function to lock an image for protection but when I "Erase all" it still deletes the locked images.. Why is this happening? what am I doing wrong?

2. Reactivestills

Reactivestills Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland
    Gary Martin
  3. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Are you reformatting? I think my other Olympus cameras lock the images upon delete all, but if you reformat it erases everything. I made that mistake before and lost locked images. Even if you don't lock, you can recover some images, because the card overwrites what's already on it.

4. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I sometimes used that lock feature on my Nikon DSLR, but never on my GX1, I use the multi-select delete feature instead and pick out what I want to delete.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.