1. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    Sorry for posting an offer from a disreputable e-tailer. Thanks to Shnitz for setting me straight about 42nd Street Photo.

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
  3. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
  4. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Resellerratings is a ridiculously stupid website that charges membership fees to boost your ratings. It is a huge racket. First of all, look at how many of those reviews are 1-poster, first visit reviews. Seem suspicious? Second, look at non-participating merchants like Amazon:
    Amazon.com Reviews - Amazon.com Ratings at ResellerRatings
    And Adorama:
    Adorama Reviews - adorama.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Amazon has a 6.3/10, are you kidding me? Amazon is arguably the most reputable online-purchasing website in the WORLD. And Adorama has a 7.1, while direct competitor B&H that has chosen to play their game (simply because so many consumers are uninformed, and they've calculated that they earn more from uninformed buyers or quick google shopping searches than they pay out in ransom to resellerratings) has a 9.74 rating.

5. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    I know that the intent was to post a deal, but I learned something from this thread. I never knew that Reseller Ratings was a scam site, but I never used them anyway. Thanks for the info.

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

But I thought they couldn't put anything on the internet that wasn't true!???

mqdefault.

7. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
    Bonjour...