Deleted Threads?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by oldracer, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    A couple of minutes ago I was reading a thread from a member who was complaining about a prior thread of his being deleted. I tried to respond and got an error message saying that thread was deleted! Other than one responder using a possible no-no word, I did not see anything objectionable.

In five years of membership and even having been mildly reprimanded by Amin once or twice, I have never felt that this forum was one of the gestapo-moderated ones that you find from time to time.

Explanation please?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I learned years ago that discussing moderation in the forum was a good recipe for poisoning the atmosphere. That is why we don't do it. Clearly spelled out in our TOS: Terms of Service and Rules | - Micro Four Thirds User Group

I am not ego tripping here. I've made poor moderation decisions more than once. Always willing to consider that possibility while discussing things in private conversation. But nothing good comes from having it out in the forum. Just creates group-wide negativity.

When I deleted the first thread, I sent a warning to the poster notifying him that that thread was not acceptable for this site. It was rude not to mention elitist. No one on this site has to meet anyone else's standards to feel welcome to post their photos in any thread. That is one of the longstanding foundations of this site, strongly ingrained here by @Streetshooter@Streetshooter and something that is not going to change as long as I have a role here.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.