1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Delete more than 1 photo

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by britops, Jun 26, 2012.

1. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Can I delete several photo's or do I have to do them one at a time. I can only find delete all or single delete during viewing.

2. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Sorry forgot, its an OMD EM5.

3. krysdafur

krysdafur Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    SoCal
    You can select the photos you want to delete by pressing the record button during payback. The selected photos will be marked with a check on the top right corner. Press the trash button delete the selected items.

• Like Like x 3
  4. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Bingo. Thats the answer I've been searching the user guide for. Big thank you.

5. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Do you mean the video record button or the shutter release? (or something else?)

Thanks!!!

6. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Look at Video Record Button it also function as Check Mark Button, notice the mark? There you go :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Record as in red button, like the red button on a tape recorder.

8. c_henry

c_henry Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2012
    I've always been told to format rather than delete. The only time I delete is when I'm out and running out of space on the card, which happens very rarely now given the prices of SD cards.

I don't know if this advice is still true though.

Colin

9. 250swb

250swb Mu-43 Regular

I get the impression the OP just wants to delete some of the pictures on the card, but yes you are right, to remove all of them you should use 'Format'.

It is interesting that Olympus only offer this option, where other camera manufacturers often offer 'Delete All' or 'Format' in the same menu. But formattting should be used to remove the little bits of code left lying around on the card that can't be deleted in the normal way.

Steve

• Like Like x 1