Delayed delivery of E-M1 from Amazon UK

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by kentomas, Oct 21, 2013.

1. kentomas

kentomas New to Mu-43

Jul 9, 2012
    I have today (21/10/13) received a notification from Amazon UK that they will not receive deliveries of the E-M1 12-40mm f2.8 Kit in time to honour the original delivery date of November 1st. They now expect me to receive the camera on November 12th.

Ken

2. Boira

Boira Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2013
    Barcelona
    I ordered directly from the Olympus online shop (EM-1 body only) and also received a similar email.
    Nothing until the 1st week of November.

3. kentomas

kentomas New to Mu-43

Jul 9, 2012
    Update on the delivery of my E-M1 with 12-40mm f2.8 Pro lens.

On Friday 1st November I received an email from Amazon.co.uk to inform me that they were now unsure of when they would have stocks and were awaiting information from Olympus. I was not at all happy and envisaged waiting weeks or even months.

Late afternoon of the same day I received another email from Amazon which, to my delight, informed me that I would receive my camera on Monday 4th November. As a bonus the email also informed me that, rather than the UK£1994 that I was expecting to pay, I was to be charged UK£1689. Not surprisingly I was delighted as this meant that opting for the new 12-40mm lens had only cost me UK£390 on top of the price that the body only option had been supplied at in the preceding weeks. A UK£899 lens for UK£390 has got to be the bargain of the year and certainly made the wait worthwhile.

As others have said, the camera is superb, as is the 12-40mm.

Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.