1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Delayed delivery of E-M1 from Amazon UK

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by kentomas, Oct 21, 2013.

1. kentomas

kentomas New to Mu-43

Jul 9, 2012
    I have today (21/10/13) received a notification from Amazon UK that they will not receive deliveries of the E-M1 12-40mm f2.8 Kit in time to honour the original delivery date of November 1st. They now expect me to receive the camera on November 12th.

Ken

2. Boira

Boira Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2013
    Barcelona
    I ordered directly from the Olympus online shop (EM-1 body only) and also received a similar email.
    Nothing until the 1st week of November.

3. kentomas

kentomas New to Mu-43

Jul 9, 2012
    Update on the delivery of my E-M1 with 12-40mm f2.8 Pro lens.

On Friday 1st November I received an email from Amazon.co.uk to inform me that they were now unsure of when they would have stocks and were awaiting information from Olympus. I was not at all happy and envisaged waiting weeks or even months.

Late afternoon of the same day I received another email from Amazon which, to my delight, informed me that I would receive my camera on Monday 4th November. As a bonus the email also informed me that, rather than the UK£1994 that I was expecting to pay, I was to be charged UK£1689. Not surprisingly I was delighted as this meant that opting for the new 12-40mm lens had only cost me UK£390 on top of the price that the body only option had been supplied at in the preceding weeks. A UK£899 lens for UK£390 has got to be the bargain of the year and certainly made the wait worthwhile.

As others have said, the camera is superb, as is the 12-40mm.

Ken