1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Defective swivel screen EM5 MKII

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Joery, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Joery

Joery New to Mu-43

Sep 11, 2011
    Does anybody know the furthest position in each direction to which you can swivel the articulated screen of the EM5 MKII without causing any harm to the internal wiring? My camera has recently been replaced under warranty due to a defective screen which suddenly happened without an obvious reason after about a week of playing with my new camera. I wonder if I've accidentally rotated the screen too far. The manual isn't very helpful here. It seems defective screens are fairly common with this camera.

2. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I don't have a E-M5 II, but I had two G6's and now have two GH4's, all of which have fully articulating LCD's like the E-M5 II.

Regarding how far it can rotate, I honestly don't know, because I never push it beyond its designed hard stops. Between my cameras, I've had them for nearly 3 years now, and haven't had a single issue with them yet.

3. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    It seems that the rotation clicks to a stop at the end of its travel (rotational) freedom. It seems pretty obvious on my copy of the EM5ii where the end of motion is with a definite stop.