1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Deep Thoughts

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by rueru, May 27, 2014.

1. rueru

rueru Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 10, 2013
    Here is a photo of a friend on the balcony of her apartment after the sun has just set over the mountains of British Columbia. I don't really ever take portraits of people especially in terrible lighting condition, but I am fairly happy with how this one turned out after edits in PS. What do you guys think?

14257044176_03c47d5869_b.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Interesting shot! At first I thought that it was a bit dark, but after reflection I think that it suits the mood of the photo and the time of day. I like it.

3. mcrosa

mcrosa Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    Miami, Florida
    Mike Crosa
    Agree it is a moody picture. I like it. One suggestion is to move the point of view to eliminate the tower from coming our of her head. Also by moving the angle of the shot you would eliminate the sunset and change the focus to her. I find my eye going to the light. I think you would get more interesting bokeh.

4. rueru

rueru Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys! The sunset is indeed distracting and I didn't even think about the building sticking out of her head. Next time I get another chance I will try to get better composition.

Also, this is the view just to the left, but she wanted the sunset.
    [​IMG]