Deep Thoughts

rueru

Mu-43 Rookie
Here is a photo of a friend on the balcony of her apartment after the sun has just set over the mountains of British Columbia. I don't really ever take portraits of people especially in terrible lighting condition, but I am fairly happy with how this one turned out after edits in PS. What do you guys think?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

mcrosa

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike Crosa
Agree it is a moody picture. I like it. One suggestion is to move the point of view to eliminate the tower from coming our of her head. Also by moving the angle of the shot you would eliminate the sunset and change the focus to her. I find my eye going to the light. I think you would get more interesting bokeh.

rueru

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks for the feedback guys! The sunset is indeed distracting and I didn't even think about the building sticking out of her head. Next time I get another chance I will try to get better composition.

Also, this is the view just to the left, but she wanted the sunset.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom