decisions, decisions...

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by jjbigfly, Nov 29, 2013.

1. jjbigfly

jjbigfly Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2013
    This is not my normal way to do research, just so you know :redface:

Just got the Panasonic 35-100 and I am ready to wait for the Olympus 12-40, or look for a good price for the Panasonic 12-35. but........
    Have the 17 1.8 and the 60mm 2.8 on the EM5, with grip and so on.
    I could sell the EM5 (3 months old)) and get the EM1 and a less expensive lens. The caveat being that I like sharp images and want a zoom to cover the shorter end of the focal lengths.
    Any help?
    Don't NEED the EM1, but would like to have one anyway, though I have not made any decision yet. I was sold on the Panasonic or the Olympus lens, but now I don't know....I guess that I don't NEED any of this camera gear, though I am not giving it up. I might still be able to listen to reason if anyone might have thoughts about this.
    I read opinions on every type of gear on this forum, thinking that some of you folks may have some insight, assuming that I am not the only weird on here, that is....:smile:
  2. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    What kind of pictures do you like to take?
  3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Shoot some more with your new em5 and lens, see if there's a need, then decide whether to upgrade or add new lenses. Sounds like classic g.a.s. to me!

If you're hankering for new experiences, adapted lenses can be a cheap way to have fun!
  4. agpr

agpr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2010
    Heraklion, Crete
    My approach to every technique or equipment is to take my time. Not that I haven't suffered or succumbed to G.A.S. :) In every technique/equipment there is a learning curve and I need time to get myself familiarized with my tool's strengths, weaknesses and quirkiness so I can get some satisfying results.
    I also try to skip one or two generations before I buy something new. I give them some time to work for me.
  5. jjbigfly

jjbigfly Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2013
    I tend to shoot landscapes, portraits and a bit of macro. Perhaps I will stay with the EM5 for now, but I would like to have a shorter zoom in my kit.
    Anyone have any experience with the Olympus 9-18?