Decided to sell my G2 and 45-200

m43_user

Mu-43 Regular
I've been doing a lot of thinking, and since I have a wonderful SLR already (D700), I really want something smaller and will buy a LX5 when it's available.

They have buy it now/fixed pricing on ebay. Here are my links:
(USA models, USA shipping only)

G2 w/14-42 kit lens and extra battery:
PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-G2 w/ 14-42 LENS & EXTRA BATTERY - eBay (item 280550390959 end time Aug-22-10 18:29:13 PDT)

45-200mm:
PANASONIC 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6 MICRO FOUR THIRDS LENS - eBay (item 280550394906 end time Aug-22-10 18:40:05 PDT)

m43_user

Mu-43 Regular
Hope you don't mind me asking why the sale? Saw that you just joined recently and the G2 is a recent purchase ...

Hi. I updated my post to show my reasoning.... "I've been doing a lot of thinking, and since I have a wonderful SLR already (D700), I really want something smaller and will buy a LX5 when it's available."

I really hate to do this, but I know if I don't do it now (sell) I'll regret it later when it's worth less. I just think once I get a LX5, my G2 would sit around too much. The G2 is a great camera and I have no complaints about it. I just think I jumped the gun and bought one before I really thought a lot about it. I already have a lens collection with the D700 and I really hate to get another collection going for the G2. I'm better off with spending more on Nikon glass and buying a really nice P&S (the LX5).

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Why wouldn't you two sell between one another on the forum?! Avoids the ebay seller fee of about 5%, which the seller can also pass on to the buyer. Just sayin' for future reference!

silverbullet

Mu-43 Veteran
In my rucksack 10 kg Nikon lenses and a D300 are sleeping.....
For me the weight and the size even with fixed lenses as 35 or 50mm is too heavy and big (after two years of use).

So I got at first a ex-demo G1 and returned it after two days because it had the same form-factor as my DSLR only a bit smaller.
At the end an E-P2 with pancake and the standard zoom is now my each day equipment.

Now I'm thinking about the replacement of the Nikon by a Leica M8.2 because my M-lenses are tiny and the style of shooting with RF had been trained with a Bessa and ZeissIkon. It works, even with specs...

But at the end I don't trust the digital Ms a lot.....:redface:

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I own LX3 (LX5 will be as sweet as or even slightly sweeter) and might be going for small form factor DSLR iso M43, why?
- OVF
- Compared to m43 with EVF not that much bigger
- Fast tele zoom and more primes with AF
- Also Cheaper...

GF2 with 20 mm F1.7 would be sweet to
- But I already have LX3 and also want something longer...

m43_user

Mu-43 Regular
Hmmm....I didn't realize you could sell them here at first. I didn't notice the special forum for that until I already had them on ebay. Anyway, I assumed they would sell quicker on ebay. Maybe I was wrong.

Selling the G2 there for $665 unless someone here wants to buy it. If so, I'll remove the ebay listing for the G2 (USA shipping only, remember). I'd prefer paypal for payment though to make things quicker. I'm not the most patient person in the world and waiting for a 'snail mail' money order payment or other safe form of payment would be painful :)

m43_user

Mu-43 Regular
Lowered to $650 - Lowepro Rezo TLZ 20 included ;-)

Decided to go ahead and set the price to $650. I have a new Lowepro Rezo TLZ 20 holster style bag I'll include too, since I have no use for it once the G2 is gone.

Latest threads

Top Bottom