1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Decent 3rd party hood for the Oly 45mm (black)?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Aldredge, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Aldredge

Aldredge Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2012
    Toronto, ON
    Aldredge
    Hey everyone!

I've been looking around everywhere for a decent black hood for the 45mm (I was hoping for find something like the silver JJC Olympus clone), but can't seem to find anything that even remotely resembles the official one. I'm pretty close to caving in and buying the Olympus one for $35, but thought I would post here before I pulled the trigger.

Also, for people with the stock hood: Is it easy to take the lens cap on and off the lens with the hood on?

Thanks in advance.

2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I have the JJC version for my silver 45 & 75, great cheap hoods that work well - I am sure that by now they probably have a black version so worth a "Google".

3. Aldredge

Aldredge Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2012
    Toronto, ON
    Aldredge
    Yeah, that's the thing, haven't been able to find anything yet. Or anything decent for that matter.

Question: Can you take off/put on the lens cap without taking the hood off?

Thanks!

4. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
  5. camerabill

camerabill New to Mu-43

Jul 23, 2013
    45mm lens hood

I just ordered 45mm lens and didn't want to pay price for new shade. Ordered lens with step up ring and found old nikon hood that clips on and nests.

6. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    I have the LIM hood and the quality and attention to detail is very good and you can reverse it for storage. It's metal rather than plastic too.

The black and silver finish makes the silver lens look more than acceptable on my black OMD. Not the cheapest solution but better value than the Oly one.

7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim