1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Deal or not a deal for an E-M10 mkII?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by davidzvi, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I have a offer for a new in the box E-M10 mkII for $500. Yes it's a camera I'm looking to buy and yes it has the features I want. And yes it's from an authorized US dealer.

Is $500 a good deal given black Friday is so close and no option for lens combos? I have been toying with the idea of getting a 14-150 which is $399 in combo, $499 alone. But from what I can tell that might change on Friday with lens going down to $449 (a straight $150 off). So I'd might still be $50 ahead if I take the camera now and lens later.

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Man...the OMD cameras are just great....I mean...I've got 2 of them and use them a ton.

All the stores online now are listing them as $750 NIB. So you are theoretically already $250 ahead. Put that price on the lens you want along with the upcoming rebates and your margin is looking better.
    My vote is to snag it.

3. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    At that price, if you are not happy with the camera or the price you can always resell it and loose little to nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Body only, so most list at $599.

5. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Oh, piss....sorry about that. Must have looked at the adverts wrong.

6. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    It's still almost 20% off current list. This is through GreenToe, they're looking to see if they can do anything on a combo deal with the lens. I'm not 100% sure on the lens but we'll see. My biggest issue with the Oly 14-150 is actually that is zooms the wrong way o_O. My Nikon and Panasonic all zoom in the other direction. It's a little thing, I'm just not sure if it would bug me or not long term.

7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey Dave, hold off until Friday. Olympus sent an email out slashing prices across the board. The E-M10 II will be $549, so if you go through Greentoe again over the weekend, hopefully you can get it cheaper.

Saying that, I can see myself getting an E-M10 II as my next body! The small size and packed performance makes it one of the best bang for buck bodies in the whole M43 system!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    But the lens will be more based on that email, only $150 off instead of the $200 off it is now. I have the offer for another day and they are checking to see if they can work something for a combo lens deal since both have to be on the same receipt for the full $200 off the lens.

9. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    I think you shouldn't base your decision on the price relative to list price. That's a losing proposition because a camera body will inevitably get cheaper over time.

You need to decide in an absolute sense how much you are willing to pay for your new camera. If that amount is $500, I'd say to buy it. That said, in your shoes I would not do so, since you have a GX7 and it doesn't sound like the EM-10 ii is vastly superior.

10. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    The direction this is a PITA at first, but you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  11. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Guess I should update my signature, LX100 and GX7 have both been sold off. I know they will get cheaper over time. The only real question I have is if people think that there might be some super Black Friday deal on it. So far I've seen a good number of great deals on Panasonic stuff (including a G7 kit for $597 with a $100 gift card). But so far I haven't seen anything that makes me think there will be anything lower on the E-M10 mkII than what Olympus sent out, $549 for the body.

12. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Well they were able to get me a deal on the body for the $500 and the 14-150 for the combo sale price. Not 100% sure on the 14-150, but at the sale / combo price I'm sure I can resell it without too much trouble.

13. scott rawson

scott rawson Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    Just got my OM-10 FOR £10
    PB250293. JUST KIDDING!..I DID GET IT WITH A NIFTY 50 F1.8 FOR A TENNER...CHARITY SHOP WOOHOO!!! Looks so similar to my E M5II

• Like Like x 2