Deal at Adorama on two Lowepro bags

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by davidzvi, Jul 31, 2015.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
  2. RBrianTaylor

RBrianTaylor Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    I guess the deal has already ended - I see a price of $39.95 for both of the above bags.

3. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
  4. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Mu-43 Regular

Mar 20, 2015
    Iowa
    I admit it, I am a bag whore. I bought one. Ten bucks is too good to pass up!

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If it was any color but bright orange, I might grab one!

I've heard very good reviews about that Passport Sling bag, I just can't get over the styling on it.

6. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Hmm, i actually kind of like the orange. I have no taste, haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If you had an orange GM1, it would be perfect! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I agree on the Passport Sling. I've long thought it looks very functional, but its shape seems maybe to "feminine" for me to pull off. This price makes it interesting, but I've already got too many bags.

9. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    I have one in tan color I paid $49.95 for at WalMart when it was first introduced. The styling did take some getting used to but it is one very good bag for working out of with a lightweight m4/3 body and a few lenses.

One thing I really do like about it is that it doesn't really look like a camera bag, it doesn't scream "Really expensive stuff" so you don't draw a lot of possibly "unwanted" attention to yourself. Especially with a small enough camera like the Lumix GX1 or GX7.

10. Evan614

Evan614 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    BuckeyeState
    great price so I got it. worst case scenario I sell it at a break even point if I don't like it.

11. dannsing

dannsing Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2014
    California
    I have the Passport Sling and it's a very functional bag. Pretty durable, doesn't look like a camera bag as Bif mentions above and that little lift on one end allows me to fit my meFoto tripod in there - so it holds a good portion of my kit without any of it being exposed. The shape does look a little odd - I've had a friend say it looks like a diaper bag - but never had any weird looks or anything.

12. OlyRobles

OlyRobles Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 7, 2013
    Paso Robles
    Mark
    Thank you for the link..I snagged the sling bag. Once I try it out I can let anyone know if they need another opinion.

13. Evan614

Evan614 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    BuckeyeState
    I got it. It is smaller than I hoped (7L AW) I guess I should of read the dimensions. I am surprised it is considered a $39 bag.
    Funny part -- was the fact they had a coupon for 10% some future purchase... but the coupon expired last month. Smooth move Adorama.

14. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
  15. RBrianTaylor

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    Something must be changing your above links as I'm seeing prices of $47.95 and $79.95.

16. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    Sorry, I see the high prices you mention following the links I posted, but I still see the low prices, including the one for the small 7L bag following links from another forum. Perhaps, it's because I have written the links not as they appear in a post in that forum, but as they appear after clicking and being redirected to adorama. My guess is that a number in the link identify the forum and that helps to get the deal, so hoping it is not inappropriate, I rather include the links to the posts in that forum with the links to these bags (and others) in adorama:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/300724-more-adorama-bag-deals.html (for the 7L, $9.95, it says "low stock" and it won't allow to add to cart)

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...ood-deal-lowepro-camera-bag-adorama-17-a.html (for the 17L, $15.95)

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/301095-dangling-some-more-lowepro-bags.html (for the 35L, $22.95)

• Like Like x 1
  17. RBrianTaylor

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    Thanks for those links - I nabbed one of the 1& bags...

18. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks for the additional links, I picked up the 17L. At $16 with free shipping it was hard to pass up. I usually use an Event Messenger 100 but with certain sets of lenses something slightly larger would be nice and it looks like the 17L will fit the bill. I usually find Lowepro bags to be extremely well thought out.

19. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    Yes, I bought a 35L yesterday and I'm impressed with the quality and thought that's gone into it.