1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[DEAD] Panasonic G3 Body in Black for $381

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by leungw, Dec 14, 2011.

1. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Wow, that is dirt cheap.

The best Panasonic direct employee pricing was $449 plus tax...the don't even have it in stock now and bumped the price up to $539 (though it can be had with the kit lens still for $525 plus tax).

Must be time to clear out for a replacement model, can't believe it has been 6-8 months already - why does Panasonic wait so long between body releases?!

3. eno789

eno789 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    Brian
    Thanks OP. Got one for my cousin. She has been wanting a G3 body-only and I was not able to find one with good price.

4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    If this is a clearout in preparation for a new model, then Panasonic's replacement cycle for micro four thirds is simply becoming too fast. It's not just that it's 6-8 months since the G3 was announced... it's the fact that the camera has only just made it into the hands of most customers. The fast product cycle combined with manufacturing and distribution issues is a recipe for disaster.

5. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    You are welcome. :smile:

6. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Damn,I should have been checking this forum instead of working. :)

7. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I was just kidding...kind of :) That was a great deal for whoever got in!

8. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    The comptetition is becoming very fierce so it's not a bad idea to speed up product cycle (even if only incremental improvements) rather than wait for others to leapfrog. There is a very good chance Canon might release a few mirrorless models next year with a few pancakes at launch at low price (with their massive economy of scale they can easily undercut everyone else)