[DEAD] Olympus Refub 20% Sale

SVQuant

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Sameer
Please, someone tell me that the E-M1 prices will go down more after the Mk II announcement... Or that there will be a 25% off coupon... Or something! I'm trying hard to convince myself that I have a perfectly good E-M10 and that I can wait a bit longer...:daz:
I am in the same boat. Put an E-M1 in my cart, but bailed out. I am hoping that people will be selling their LNIB E-M1s for pennies once the mkII comes out ;)

gpburdell

Mu-43 Veteran
LOL, I've never gotten the email in time, I always see it here.

In the past I've sometimes seen them restock some items weekday mid-morning Eastern time; no rhyme or reason to it that I've seen. Thats how I've snagged a couple items in the past Just be checking back and don't assume that out of stock now will remain as such. With that said, they've never seemed to restock to the level they started out with.

ruralvelo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Edwin Young
Perfect! I've been eying a TG4 for an upcoming trip the the Florida Keys. So I picked up one. I want to shoot underwater but I have no need for a fancy underwater setup. I had one eye on a kit that was for sale in the Marketplace. This seems more practical.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Please, someone tell me that the E-M1 prices will go down more after the Mk II announcement... Or that there will be a 25% off coupon... Or something! I'm trying hard to convince myself that I have a perfectly good E-M10 and that I can wait a bit longer...:daz:
It's only going to be another 3-1/2 months to Photokina and 5 months to Black Friday. I picked up my E-M1 for $200 off last BF. Hold out unless you really need it.

Last edited:

gpburdell

Mu-43 Veteran
Just got an e-m5 mark ii. I've been telling myself I didn't need one for weeks, but the sale proved too much for my powers of resistance.
It's a great camera, especially at the price on a 20% off sale. I've really enjoyed mine that I got during a previous sale in December.

FYI, B&H sells the Olympus two year warranty extension at a discount if that interests you. Need to apply it before the end of the 90 day refurb warranty. link

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Just got an e-m5 mark ii. I've been telling myself I didn't need one for weeks, but the sale proved too much for my powers of resistance.
It's a great camera, especially for the price you got. All the refinements of a Mark II product in small package. Put the "non-battery" grip and it feels a lot like the EM1. if you read the reviews of the Pen F, they often refer to the EM5 II as the real competition for the F, being a better camera for less money. Not that I'm biased. . .

Last edited:

sgreszcz

Mu-43 Veteran
Any reason there are never any E-M10ii refurbished cameras? Are they just built better or do they sell better and Olympus doesn't have the need to clear them out?

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Just about everything I'm interested gives me an error when I click on it. It looks like they were sold put before I even got the e-mail from Olympus this time.
I don't know whether to be happy or sad that the 12mm F2 link doesn't work.

gpburdell

Mu-43 Veteran
Any reason there are never any E-M10ii refurbished cameras? Are they just built better or do they sell better and Olympus doesn't have the need to clear them out?
I thought I saw some yesterday at the start of the sale. Or maybe I was imagining that.

Looks like this morning they've cleaned up the site somewhat, with fewer links to sold out items.

Real Name
Keith
I'd been thinking about an Air, and at $200 after tax, it is very tempting.

But the comments from users about questionable operational reliability just really scare me from actually getting much use out of it..

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Anyone know if the Air 01 can do time lapse/intervalometer via an Android phone? Can't find a straight answer anywhere...

RakSiam

Mu-43 Regular
it's kind of amazing that they're still selling E-M5s.

Those E-M1's for under $600 are a steal, IMHO. I just got one sent to me by Oly to replace my defective one (it just up and died twice in the last couple of months...first repair worked for about a month before it all went black again). Only 90 shutter clicks on the new one, so essentially it's brand new.

cnyap

Mu-43 Regular
I have also been wondering if the M10mkII isn't selling well or has fewer issues - never see it refurb'd.

Not available for us Canadians; I guess our little market doesn't matter to Olympus Americas.
My friends in Ottawa get stuff shipped to the UPS store in Ogdensburg. The store charges a small fee to hold stuff for Canadians until they can come pick it up. 90% of Canadians live within an hour's drive of the US border.

Outlet Store | Olympus

Code: LOVESUMMER

Site is very slow. I guess it's getting hammered by the traffic.

Most PRO lenses are available, except for the new 300mm.

Took a quick look. M1 and M5II are available, as are most non-PRO lenses.

I had been keeping an eye out for a sale - I thought they might do one for father's day. That didn't happen so I was expecting a sale for July 4 and hadn't checked the site in a while. Had been eyeing a 25mm. Oh well. Picked up an Air01 to goof around with.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom