1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

dead...Fuji XT30 + 18-55 + 35/2 for $1100

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by demiro, Feb 17, 2019.

1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 7, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team Subscribing Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Nice deal, but... no IBIS, xtrans raw, another system to dither about, another system to feed the lens GAS ;) 

3. Giiba

Giiba Something to someone somewhere Subscribing Member

Aug 19, 2016
    New Westminster, BC
    Thats $1099 more than I need to spend :D 

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I think it's an excellent price for all you get.

IBIS is nice to have, but not sure show stopper. The 18-55/2.8-4, had OIS and is one heck of a lens. I much prefer the X-E3 form factor, though.

That is one heck of a set of features and lenses you are getting for $1100. I might consider it more if it wasn't released at that price end of June.

5. Christop82

Christop82 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Is xtrans raw still an issue? capture express and darktable are free and both handle the files fine. I know adobe couldn't process them very well, but haven't they addressed that as well?

6. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

Fuji is for shooting JPEGs in film simulations.... :) 

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I never found it to be that big of a deal...but others might, depending on the level they are pushing the RAWs.

8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    You can reduce noise well with xtrans raw but you can’t sharpen them as much as the Bayer stuff. At least that’s my experience.

9. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    What methods have you used in the past? I wonder if it is an issue with the RAW converters needing to tweak their software.

When I had a Fuji setup, I usually shot in jpg and the rare occasion I needed to shoot RAW, I was able to get the sharpness to my liking in Lightroom.

10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I’ve used an Iridient x-transformer. It works OK. Lately i’ve been trying to use jpegs, which sacrifices a bit on the noise reduction side. I can’t get raw developer because I do my work on a windows system.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  11. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    If/when I get back into the Fuji ecosystem, I'll definitely be looking at getting more in-depth with the other RAW converters on the market.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again and again Subscribing Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    That's a great price. June? I thought that was a typo. ( :

I ended up with the free Fuji Capture One after trying nearly everything on the budget end. I liked it very much.

On a side note I bought DXOPL and then switched to Fuji only to find out it was unsupported. Now back with supported M43 and loving it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.