dead...Fuji XT30 + 18-55 + 35/2 for $1100

D

Deleted member 20897

I think it's an excellent price for all you get.

IBIS is nice to have, but not sure show stopper. The 18-55/2.8-4, had OIS and is one heck of a lens. I much prefer the X-E3 form factor, though.

That is one heck of a set of features and lenses you are getting for $1100. I might consider it more if it wasn't released at that price end of June.

Is xtrans raw still an issue? capture express and darktable are free and both handle the files fine. I know adobe couldn't process them very well, but haven't they addressed that as well?

D

Deleted member 20897

Is xtrans raw still an issue? capture express and darktable are free and both handle the files fine. I know adobe couldn't process them very well, but haven't they addressed that as well?
I never found it to be that big of a deal...but others might, depending on the level they are pushing the RAWs.

D

Deleted member 20897

You can reduce noise well with xtrans raw but you can’t sharpen them as much as the Bayer stuff. At least that’s my experience.
What methods have you used in the past? I wonder if it is an issue with the RAW converters needing to tweak their software.

When I had a Fuji setup, I usually shot in jpg and the rare occasion I needed to shoot RAW, I was able to get the sharpness to my liking in Lightroom.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
What methods have you used in the past? I wonder if it is an issue with the RAW converters needing to tweak their software.

When I had a Fuji setup, I usually shot in jpg and the rare occasion I needed to shoot RAW, I was able to get the sharpness to my liking in Lightroom.
I’ve used an Iridient x-transformer. It works OK. Lately i’ve been trying to use jpegs, which sacrifices a bit on the noise reduction side. I can’t get raw developer because I do my work on a windows system.

Last edited:

mnhoj

There and back again and again
Real Name
John M
That's a great price. June? I thought that was a typo. ( :

I ended up with the free Fuji Capture One after trying nearly everything on the budget end. I liked it very much.

On a side note I bought DXOPL and then switched to Fuji only to find out it was unsupported. Now back with supported M43 and loving it.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom