De-Logofying the Panasonic GX7

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I think the GX7 is a perfectly nice-looking camera, but did Panasonic have to throw "LUMIX" in one corner, "GX7" in a second, and "L" in the third, all on the front face?

Or am I the only one who thinks they'd sell a lot more of them looking like this:

9434810290_9f435a9284_o.

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Personally,
    I like the logos....:smile:

YMMV though...

3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Don't care either way, so long as it performs!

4. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Id be happy with just a G logo if not though that logoless image is pretty sweet.

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    I like it.

A 'de-logofied' black version would be great too.

6. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    Delogofied is much better already, amazing what it can do...Slightly more spacing above the lens and below the lens would be even better :)

7. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi Amin
    The Micro Four Thirds system and Panasonic LUMIX and Olympus PEN and OMD brands cannot grow if people do not see the logos when they are 'out and about'
    Product awareness is one of the things that will promote curiosity and interest in these brands which by all accounts is sorely lacking especially in the USA
    I am all for having prominent logos on our cameras to promote the system and to show pride in our choice
    Regards
    Rob

8. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    I don't really mind the logos :smile:

9. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    I think the logo on the E-P5 is nicer, much more subtle and in keeping with the retro look. However, Panasonic doesn't have the same history to draw off, and it doesn't make a difference to how it performs. The black GX7 doesn't really look all that retro anyway, looks like a slightly shiner L1 tbh.

10. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Ricoh style! I agree with you amin.

11. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    However if the logos doesn't mean anything to people it still doesn't matter...I mean Lumix (???), and then the L...What has Leica got to do with it? GX7 is fair enough...

12. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    I believe the logos are there for people not to think it's another Sony camera ?!? But this de-logofied version really looks great.

13. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    I always thought that the "L" stands for Lumix.

14. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    It could very well be. It is a different font though looking very similar to the L in Leica. And they seem to have a lot of Co branding going on. Lumix to me was always a compact p&s camera. I guess it demonstrates how confusing their branding is.

15. I like to be able to identify other people's cameras from a few metres away, and some just look way to similar to do it without logos.

16. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    On the black version I suppose you could always just paint in the logos with black paint.

17. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    Sad as I am I tend to identify them anyway. Especially canon with their gorgeous looking white lenses ;)

18. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    You make a valid point, Amin. But maybe leave the little Lumix "L" on. When people ask what it stands for you can tell them "Leica." :)

19. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm still peeved that they haven't announced when the screaming banana yellow Hello Kitty model will be released.

Oi.....

20. jpark1982

jpark1982 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm just going to put some gaffers tape over the logos like I did with my RX1 when I had it.