DCRP Refugees?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by AdamSF, Nov 24, 2013.

1. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    I was just wondering if there were any folks here who used to be part of the forum community at the old Digital Camera Resource Page. If you're here, say hi and give us your old DCRP user name if it's different from what you use here. I was "AdamW".

Adam

2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Hey Adam! I was pretty active on that forum in '05, it was where I went for all kinds of help when I bought my Nikon D40, my first foray into "real" photography. I think my username back then was fionndruinne, or some such! Good to see another ex-dcrp-er, this forum is probably as close as I've found to the same accessibility and good-naturedness mixed with really good knowledge that I found there back in the day.

3. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    Hey, I remember you (and your difficult-for-Americans-to-pronounce username!)

I recently switched from Canon to m4/3, and I'm really happy with it. I'm also pleased to find this forum. One thing I liked about the old DCRP forums was that they weren't so big. It felt like an easy-to-grasp community. I'll keep an eye out for any other of the old gang.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I never spent much time in the forums but always liked DCRP and was sad to see it close down!

5. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    I learned a lot in those forums.