1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

DC coupler Micro-USB dummy battery for Olympus BLN-1 compatible with E-M1 E-M5 EP-5 I II

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Hessen, May 12, 2016.

1. Hessen

Hessen Mu-43 Rookie

May 12, 2016
    Hi everyone, I happened to wanted a Micro-USB dummy battery for my Olympus E-M5 ii. But there is limited option available on the market. So I went ahead make one by myself and have some spare parts here. I am willing to sell these out in case anyone need it, too. I did the modeling and circuitry myself. If you don't have the time to build one yourself, you may consider getting one from me.
    The case is 3D printed so please expect some non-ideal surface patterns.

Compatible with cameras using Olympus BLN-1 battery such as: OMD E-M1, E-M5, EP-5, I, II.

http://www.ebay.com/…/Micro-USB-dummy-battery-…/282032164947?

Can be used in combination with a portable charger, or a USB power supply to power up your Olympus camera for long time usage scenarios such as: Time Lapse, event shooting, Firework Photography, Slow Shutter Photography, or Star Photography.

I believe nowadays a micro-usb based dummy battery is more useful than a DC port one as you can share the portable battery used by your cell phone! Hook up your powerful external battery and never worry about battery drain during your exposure again~!

Input: Micro-USB port, 5V and 2A.
    Note: Your camera may not power up if your USB port canot provide >2 A of current.

US buyer can go ahead place the order and I will try to ship it in 2-3 business day.
    International buyer please email me (olympusdummybattery@gmail.com) to discuss about shipping cost before buying~!

I used the Anker 10400 mAh portable battery as an example to connect to this dummy battery.

P1010391.JPG
    Circuit designed base on the LM307 to ensure stable voltage output.

P1010385.JPG
    Inserted into my E-M5 II. Note that you do break the waterproof of the camera in this case.

P1010388.JPG
    Camera powered up by the dummy battery and the portable power

OI000002-02.
    Sample photo 1

OI000003-01.
    Sample photo 2

OI000006-01.
    Sample photo 3

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2