Day trip from Rome... my first E-PL1 photos

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by avidone, Jul 2, 2011.

1. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    patience please, I am just starting out and have not had a serious camera in over 30 years... :wink:

today was my first real test of my new E-PL1 (with kit lens), when we drove up in the hills about 70 km from Rome (where we live)

I have just started my first Flikr galleries ever, so I will try to put some of my favourite photos posted there here now; if you are interested in seeing more just click and follow the link to my Flikr

[​IMG]"768" height="1024" alt="street with lamp"></a>[/IMG]

[​IMG]"1024" height="1024" alt="can't be bothered"></a>[/IMG]

[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="spigot"></a>[/IMG]

[​IMG]"768" height="1024" alt="diorama view of lower town"></a>[/IMG]
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I love your first and third shots..the others are fine as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oooops! I forgot to say welcome to our friendly shores:jedi:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dink

Dink Mu-43 Rookie

May 22, 2011
    I really like the first shot.
    It conveys the sense of the closeness of the buildings very well, almost claustrophobic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I really like the first one. Not too sure about the diorama filter effect on the fourth - I think the shot would have worked very nicely as it was. Congrats on the new camera, it looks like you're off to a good start.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    thanks guys... I do not really take the "diorama" setting too seriously, but it was fun to see... I picked that particular view because of the already sort of "fake looking" modern housing development below the historical town