Day trip from Rome... my first E-PL1 photos

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by avidone, Jul 2, 2011.

1. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    patience please, I am just starting out and have not had a serious camera in over 30 years... :wink:

today was my first real test of my new E-PL1 (with kit lens), when we drove up in the hills about 70 km from Rome (where we live)

I have just started my first Flikr galleries ever, so I will try to put some of my favourite photos posted there here now; if you are interested in seeing more just click and follow the link to my Flikr

ciao

[​IMG]"768" height="1024" alt="street with lamp"></a>[/IMG]

[​IMG]"1024" height="1024" alt="can't be bothered"></a>[/IMG]

[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="spigot"></a>[/IMG]

[​IMG]"768" height="1024" alt="diorama view of lower town"></a>[/IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I love your first and third shots..the others are fine as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oooops! I forgot to say welcome to our friendly shores:jedi:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dink

Dink Mu-43 Rookie

May 22, 2011
    Australia
    I really like the first shot.
    It conveys the sense of the closeness of the buildings very well, almost claustrophobic.

:bravo-009:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I really like the first one. Not too sure about the diorama filter effect on the fourth - I think the shot would have worked very nicely as it was. Congrats on the new camera, it looks like you're off to a good start.

• Like Like x 1
  6. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    thanks guys... I do not really take the "diorama" setting too seriously, but it was fun to see... I picked that particular view because of the already sort of "fake looking" modern housing development below the historical town

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.