Day in Philly, including Reading Terminal

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Ray Sachs, May 14, 2010.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Spent the day in Philly yesterday, including an hour or two at Reading Terminal, but also out on the street, at my favorite South Philly Hoagie Shop, on the trains, etc. Took a zillion shots, there are about 20 up in my gallery. All but one are B&W - there were a few that looked as good or better in color, but the series generally worked better in B&W - the one exception works (to the extent it does at all) ONLY in color. Also, I took the 9-18 and the Pany 20 and the great bulk of these are taken with the 20, which is quickly becoming my favorite lens. Here are a few:

Philly_056. Philly_061. Philly_062. Philly_069. Philly_072. Philly_073. Philly_076.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    These are terrific! Thanks for posting.

Antonio

3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    great set

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Ray,
    They all look good but the last one is an incredible image!
    Don

5. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Great set! I especially like the first and fourth.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Ray, I didn't see this thread yesterday - thanks so much for posting these photos. My "votes" go for your first and last - very strong and thought provoking!

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Thanks so much for all of the comments. As usual, the way other people view the stuff I've shot has made me look at it differently. You folks reacted to shots that I'd barely given a second look and not reacted to stuff I really kind of liked. So, what the hell, I'll toss a few more up just in case anyone feels up to surprising me and teaching me again. Including, for Streetshooter, a totally different and far busier shot of Dinics (and more the way I always think of the place than the far more beautiful and elegant shot he posted recently)

-Ray
    Philly_067.
    Philly_066. Philly_063. Philly_058.
    Philly_071.