Day 2 with the Olympus.

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by nwheal, Jan 7, 2012.

1. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    After a night of twirling dials and diving into the menu to get my head around the camera, which is a little different to the menus of the Nikons I am used to but quite intuitive when you get down to it.

I have been trying to find a good base to work from with regard to image settings.

I have not ventured into the RAW yet I wanted to see what I can get from the JPGs and I am quite addicted to the art filters as well at the moment.

Here are some images from todays wander. (Not sure on the rules regarding quantity of images aloud in one post so will split over several... then go read the rules...)

Some of the images are taken using the Art filters which is quite apparent, others I have used some of my usual preset in Lightroom.

See you in the next post...

• Like Like x 5
  2. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Here are the remainder

One thing I have noticed with the camera is that manual focus actually works and is not a slow and laborious task like the X100, All I have to do now is sort out the settings so I am getting the cleanest file I can then I think it is a matter of leaving the menus alone and having plenty of fun with this lightweight wonder.

• Like Like x 5
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Brilliant work Nigel. Glad you are here, so we can see some of your shots!

Once helpful idea would be to post some of these in the lens thread samples. Folks always like to see quality work aligned with specific lenses (forums>native lenses>sample images)

Are a lot of these shot with a 14-150 or 40-150? I like the colors on the submerged leaf one (I think #3 in the first post).

Dramatic tone in #5?

Great set all around.

4. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    WT21

Thanks for looking I have added some images to the threads as you mentioned, good call.....

You are correct the kit lenses were used along with the 45mm ƒ1.8, got to love that lens even with the blustery wind we had today, managed to get some nice shots.

Regards

Nigel

5. derick

derick Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2011
    Or maybe start a thread for each of the Art Filters....I haven't seen many shots with them on here, and have barely used them myself, but have had some fun with them.