David Thorpe on the Panasonic 10-25mm f/1.7

The Dream

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks. I first really tried this lens at a cosplay event last weekend.

Sharpness at f/1.7 didn't really blow me away. f/2.0 was more acceptable:

https://microfourthirdssite.blogspot.com/2019/12/micro-four-thirds-at-anime-festival.html

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Mike Peters
I've been using this lens for about 2 months now, and I have to say it's quite spectacular. Even at f1.7. I've compared it to my primes and find it to be as sharp or sharper. Much nicer than the Olympus 12 f2, and as good as and maybe a bit better than the PL 15 and P25.

I shoot professionally, every day. I use it mainly on a G9 but have also used it on a GH5 and GX8. Yes, it's big and it takes up a lot of space in my bag. However it's replacing 3-4 primes, so in reality it takes up less space and weighs less, and gives me the flexibility of zoom with the image quality and light gathering ability of those primes. Well worth the investment, if you need it, or if it will make you money and make your life easier.

When I first saw it, I thought, too big, too heavy, too expensive. However now that I have it, like David Thorpe said, it never comes off the camera!

112219_7926_CHSS ANTH Cortni Borgerson.jpg
111919_3884_CART CALI Choir Considering Matthew Shepard.jpg
112519_6462_CART CALI Orchestra Rehearsal.jpg
111519_6452_EOF Boys to Men.jpg
111419_4271_CEHS MPH  Bianca Mayes.jpg

rapier84

New to Mu-43
Gotten this lens just before my trip to NZ in Aug(or Sep) last year and its sharp. Great focal length that allowed me to do scenery, street and everything in between.

48830910196_ba29e2314b_c.jpg

Abit awkward to wield and pricey but it does indeed replace quite a few lenses for me.

Real Name
Chris
Gotten this lens just before my trip to NZ in Aug(or Sep) last year and its sharp. Great focal length that allowed me to do scenery, street and everything in between.

View attachment 798137

Abit awkward to wield and pricey but it does indeed replace quite a few lenses for me.
Great shot. Curious as to what lenses it replaces?

Real Name
Roel
Always a fan of his reviews and this one is no exception. For my use it’s not the most appropriate range (and don’t need the fast f-stop) but it seems like a very good lens overall. Really like the images in the thread, well done

rapier84

New to Mu-43
Great shot. Curious as to what lenses it replaces?
Thank you. After I obtained this bad boy, I got rid of the 25mm f1.4, 12-35mm f2.8 and 17mm f1.8. However, I did keep the 15mm f1.7 as its still a great, small lens for street work.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom