Review David Thorpe - A Look At The Olympus E-M10 Mark lll

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Glad I got the Mk2
Same here in the Black Friday sales for a Christmas present. Wonder if the MK3 gets warm like the Mk2. Mine gets warm on the right side around the thumb grip. Seems common, not a problem but the first camera I have owned that gets warm.

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A bit late to the party for reviews of this camera... but either way agree with hims final sentiments. The mk3 is a step back in many ways to the mk2. Glad I have an an mk2

ac12

Mu-43 Legend
It is also about product placement in the market, with Olympus targeting the cell phone photographers.

In this age of computerized cameras, what would be nice is, IF Olympus could have two different firmware.
  • Version A for the cell phone users, as it is now.
  • Version B for the enthusiasts. So a real EM10 Mark-3, not a de-functioned Mark-3.
Then the enthusiasts could load firmware version B.
This would give us the best of both worlds. But with the common constraint of the hardware.

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
A bit late to the party for reviews of this camera... but either way agree with hims final sentiments.

That's because David isn't a hype merchant, He reviews gear at his own pace and release his opinions when he is ready. He's the most honest trustworthy reviewer I know of.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
That's because David isn't a hype merchant, He reviews gear at his own pace and release his opinions when he is ready. He's the most honest trustworthy reviewer I know of.
I find him an enjoyable reviewer, the seemingly calm way he presents the reviews is quite a change from the over excited or know it all from some of the others.

Latest threads

Top Bottom