Dave Matthew Concert photos taken with OM-D and 45mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by dagaleaa, Aug 8, 2012.

1. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    I got the OMD past the security check point by only bringing the body with one attached lens ( the Olympus 45mm 1.8) and placing the camera in the bag with the lens changing button not facing outward. The rules said no cameras with the ability to change lens. We were seated in the VIP section with lounge passes ( relative works with Dave Matthews). I thought the camera and lens handled the situation very well!!!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Excellent shots of the concert - I like how you worked in the screen.
  3. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Those are great. How was the concert? DMB is great.
  4. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Well done.
  5. rkell

rkell Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    You'd be surprised at what you can generally get past the security guards! The 14-150/40-150, for example, is great stealth sneak-in gear - when fully retracted it is really compact. Another trick is to have a friend carry another lens or two for you separate from your camera.

The E-M5, however, might raise more suspicion because of its mini-DSLR look. The PENs might be better for that. The 45mm is great when you can get in reasonably close (and I use it all the time at concerts), but here's what 150mm, plus some patient stage stalking, can get you in a large festival setting:

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Great concert shots, love the staging.:smile: