Darktable Styles

va3pinner

Mu-43 Regular
Anybody know if there are downloadable styles I can get for the latest version of DT that work with the scene referred work flow? I'd like in particular to emulate some of the color films - Velvia, Agfa, etc, just to play around with them.
Thanks!

va3pinner

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you for that - I will look into it.
What brought up the question was my research into understanding the new Filmic RGB module, and a video on Styles. In one of those videos, they had several different styles based on
various film types. Coming from a film background that interested me. I realize the photographer in that video could have well developed these styles on his own, but I was hoping there might be something available already
this has nothing to do with Filmic of course but that's how I ended up with the question!
Thanks for the reply

BDR-529

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Anybody know if there are downloadable styles I can get for the latest version of DT that work with the scene referred work flow? I'd like in particular to emulate some of the color films - Velvia, Agfa, etc, just to play around with them.
Thanks!

There are some Fuji presets in the "color look up table"-module for Astia, Velvia, Provia and Classic Chrome. I believe these are the ones you were looking for?

Strangely another module "color balance" has presets for Kodachrome, Ektar and Porta. I don't have a clue why they are under different modules but there they are and you can play with them as you see fit.

Just to clarify that these are part of the Darktable itself. You don't have to download them. There are three horizontal bars on the top right corner of each module where you'll find these.

Last edited:

grcolts

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Gary
There are some Fuji presets in the "color look up table"-module for Astia, Velvia, Provia and Classic Chrome. I believe these are the ones you were looking for?

Strangely another module "color balance" has presets for Kodachrome, Ektar and Porta. I don't have a clue why they are under different modules but there they are and you can play with them as you see fit.

Just to clarify that these are part of the Darktable itself. You don't have to download them. There are three horizontal bars on the top right corner of each module where you'll find these.
Yes...I use them off and on for certain images. I wish there was an easy way to preview them before using. Right now I just jot down which ones I like the most so I can quickly go to them by name.

Real Name
Mark
Because "free/OS software" and "more than one way" :rolleyes:

What's even worse is that I'm pretty sure (but don't count on my being right) the the color look up table is the the preferred method for scene-referred developing because it's RGB and the other color alteration modules work in LaB space. So, even if the others get you the results you want they're "not recommended" (I was going to say wrong but see the first sentence).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom