Dark/Light horizontal areas

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by roverT, Apr 13, 2012.

1. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of video today and yesterday with my new GH2 using the EOSHD Vanilla 44Mb/s patch and it's working out great. One thing I noticed which was really odd was that inside I was trying to video and I couldn't at the end of the night. I would get a gradient of regular exposed followed by dark/contrasty, then repeated about 2 more times to the bottom. Now I turn it on after I got back and it's fine....I can't replicate that problem. It was more of a green/red alternating hue....

I was using my 20mm 1.7 and so I thought I'd switch to the stock 14-42 lens in case something was wrong with my 20mm. But it was doing the same. 30 mins after I did some 3200ISO night time shots with no problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's really strange...did the sensor overheat or something? :confused:
  2. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    My thought is fluorescent lights with a shutter speed that was off the 60Hz cycle of the lights. This can cause odd half shadowing effects in still images, and I'm sure it would do the same for video. See if you can shoot under the same light source with the same settings to replicate the problem.
  3. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    True the whole interior was lit by fluorescent tubes. Maybe one went bad and off frequency during the day which caused this. Because I was at another location in the same room and it didn't show it to the same extent. Is that when I go into manual movie mode and change the shutter speed until the banding goes away?
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada